Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

  1. #1

    Default Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Hi all, can anyone tell me the diff between the 2? Can the pro version be used to calibrate multiple machines? I've got 3 laptops n a desktop. No multiple screens on any of them. Shld I get the pro or the elite?

    Intending to get it from amazon as the savings vs buying locally is ard S$100

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Spyder4ELITE - Datacolor Imaging Solutions - Datacolor Imaging Solutions
    Scroll down, click on the tab 'Product Comparison'.
    Multiple installations should not be an issue and can technically be done with any version. It's rather a matter of legal terms.
    EOS

  3. #3

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Spyder4ELITE - Datacolor Imaging Solutions - Datacolor Imaging Solutions
    Scroll down, click on the tab 'Product Comparison'.
    Multiple installations should not be an issue and can technically be done with any version. It's rather a matter of legal terms.
    I've actually seen it. The confusing part is, on Amazon's details page, the Elite version is able to do these: "Basic Multiple Display Tuning" and "Advanced Multiple Display Tuning"
    while the pro cannot. Both also states that they are able to tune multiple monitors, but doesn't say clearly if they can do it on multiple PCs.
    I only read about one that says Express version is locked to only 1 computer. If it needs to be used on a second one, the software must be uninstalled on the first.

    Am leaning towards getting the Pro version if multiple PCs are allowed as the price diff between the 2 makes quite a difference.

    Hoping to get confirmation from Pro users that this can be used on multiple PCs before I take the leap...

  4. #4

    Default

    I have the Spyder3elite but I am using Mac OSX. The installation does not require online activation so unlikely there is a limitation on how many PCs it can be installed onto. I am using mine on my Mac with dual external screens.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  5. #5
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    IIRC, pro and elite licenses allow for up to 10 computers to be calibrated with the software in the same physical location.

    elite offers the functionality to maintain color accuracy across all display connected to a single computer... meaning the machine can run multiple color profiles, one for each connected display

  6. #6

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    IIRC, pro and elite licenses allow for up to 10 computers to be calibrated with the software in the same physical location.

    elite offers the functionality to maintain color accuracy across all display connected to a single computer... meaning the machine can run multiple color profiles, one for each connected display
    Thank you sir! Just the right information for users like me who are confused!
    Datacolor should put this clearly on their website!

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    Thank you sir! Just the right information for users like me who are confused!
    Datacolor should put this clearly on their website!
    It is clear in the license agreement of the software... but of course you didn't bother to read before you hit "I agree" right?

    :P

  8. #8

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is clear in the license agreement of the software... but of course you didn't bother to read before you hit "I agree" right?

    :P
    eh, I don't own the unit yet leh. Only on the process of deciding which version / brand to get.
    Can't possibly expect a would be customer to install the software first then tell them about the limitations there right???

  9. #9

    Default

    Well you can always drop an email to Datacolor support...
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    Can't possibly expect a would be customer to install the software first then tell them about the limitations there right???
    Happened already with many other software products. And sometimes the limitations will come later with a change to the EULA, suddenly ..
    EOS

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: Diff between spyder4 pro n elite?

    according to the comparission, elite offer additional advantages in video editing, but doesn't have any info on this...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •