Thread: Where to service this cam (500G Ricoh)

Default Where to service this cam (500G Ricoh)

Recently my dad upon learning i have a interest in photography (after i bought my 300d ) Give me a old cam of his sitting the the corner of the storeroom for the past 20yrs( A Ricoh 500G ) So wondering where can i take to try to service it or see whether it is usable or not . Any ideas...If not where can i sell it Lol if it worth $$ The len look ok though but the timer seems a bit jammed but the apecture and shutter seem to work fine.....

Quote Originally Posted by Den01
    Recently my dad upon learning i have a interest in photography (after i bought my 300d ) Give me a old cam of his sitting the the corner of the storeroom for the past 20yrs( A Ricoh 500G ) So wondering where can i take to try to service it or see whether it is usable or not . Any ideas...If not where can i sell it Lol if it worth $$ The len look ok though but the timer seems a bit jammed but the apecture and shutter seem to work fine.....
    buy a Film Superia 200 for $3, load it in, test shooting with the film.

if it works, it might still be worthwhile keeping it.

My dad's Rollei 35 LED has a shutter problem, which I dont think I'll want to fix it, cos it might be too costly. (plus other problems like lens coating..etc)