Thread: Any WMA ripper @320kbps + chinese album info cd db?

Default Any WMA ripper @320kbps + chinese album info cd db?

I'm trying to find a WMA ripper that can connect to a cd database with chinese album info.

Currently using Windows Media Player 10 but it limits to 192kbps. I want to rip at 320kbps constant bitrate.

Any to recommend?
    WMA + chinese album info cd db + 320kbps?

OT: You can Hear the difference between 192kbps and 320kbps?... 192kbps moderately high already...

Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    OT: You can Hear the difference between 192kbps and 320kbps?... 192kbps moderately high already...
    on a good pair of headphone should still be able to tell. I "hear" lower bit rate as kind of compressed headroom and loss of some acoustics (macam the room very small) heh.

I only know of 320kbps MP3 ripper.

If u compare carefully, u will notice - even with WMA@192kbps the tones/song is more flat and less 'dynamic'. u lose the details that create the ambience in the song.

i only used one song with a vocal only intro and felt the higher bitrate is worth it. At 192kps, u get a more flat, tone to tone type of vocal. At higher kbps u can hear the humming of the voice and it's like closer to a live recording type. (i not saying its as good as a SACD or being at the live recording but only a way to describe the feeling of the better quality sound of 320kbps as compared to a 192kbps).

I may have to choose to lose the 'auto album info' feature for higher bitrate.

Another way to describe using Digital Photography terms :
    Using D70 / 300D vs a S2 Pro
    u can capture the same picture with these DSLRs but,
    a S2 Pro has a better dynamic range then D70 / 300D due to its Super CCD.
    its only when u compare in detail, u will find the difference in dynamic range.
    else the pics will look the same to u. when u can see the details and dynamic range is there, u will appreciate the pic and camera better.
    (similiarly the higher bitrate for WMA means more range in tones. u will go for the high bitrate when u know its better and can hear the difference and like it)
    Last edited by chenchengcai; 30th January 2005 at 03:44 PM.