Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: d70 vs 300d wad is the different?

Default mi too

i too haven make up my mind. pma in this month and next month 350d coming out.

What's pma? road show event coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig
    What's pma? road show event coming?
    More like a exhibit....but not in singapore

I agreed with wat were said. It depends on you. They are good cameras including the E300 Olympus.. I also like Pentex ist.. feel solid while it is small. So where do we stand.. use your head and feel..

Yappy

Deregistered

Even as a Nikon user, I have observed in the the last few months the mark difference in picture quality of the TWO cams. I have many students who uses 300D. The picture quality seems to be poorer than that of even older cameras like the E20, D100, simple point & shoot SLRs from Nikon and Olympus. Even the D70 with a simple 50mm did much better than the others with 300Ds even with very expensive marque lens.

I have come to the conclusion that Canon digicams at entry levels are far less in terms of performance than the Nikons and Olympus. I would strongly recommend the D70 with a kit lens now at about $1800 rather than waiting on the 350D which I think will not show much mark improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by tommon
    Even as a Nikon user, I have observed in the the last few months the mark difference in picture quality of the TWO cams. I have many students who uses 300D. The picture quality seems to be poorer than that of even older cameras like the E20, D100, simple point & shoot SLRs from Nikon and Olympus. Even the D70 with a simple 50mm did much better than the others with 300Ds even with very expensive marque lens.

I have come to the conclusion that Canon digicams at entry levels are far less in terms of performance than the Nikons and Olympus. I would strongly recommend the D70 with a kit lens now at about $1800 rather than waiting on the 350D which I think will not show much mark improvements.
    Or maybe your students all have lemons...

My 300D (Used as backup) is actually quite good... This is comparing to my 1DMKII....
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Or maybe your students all have lemons...

My 300D (Used as backup) is actually quite good... This is comparing to my 1DMKII....
    i have to agree with nickmak. the 300D may be a bit lacking in the 'gee-whiz' features found on D70 or any of the latest entry-level DSLR. but, the person behind the cam makes or breaks the cam. there are a few CSers i know who have shot award-winning entries with the 300D, among them was one of the theme winner for the Canon Photomarathon 2003. i believe one CSer has even held a display last year for his works - all shot with 300D. and to the best of my knowledge, he's still using his 300D. you can also look at nickmak's earlier works on his gallery shot with 300D. even the most netural observer would say they are good.

if ur students come out with poor quality pics, dun blame the cam. their techniques might be wrong.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by itisnottheend.org
    i chose D70 becos a couple key reasons..

1. very flexible and very acceptable ISO-Noise ratio across its entire spectrum, can tell from manifest samples of tests all over...to me this is like buffering as much stops into the camera as possible, prior landing a pricy VR lens. better yet, when stops simply cant drop further, the output at max iso is still very well controlled.

2. actually accumulation of a few key features...
    a. good battery life (very very impt!)
    b. fast startup ('ok' impt)
    c. less-plasticky build ('ok' impt)
    d. AF -assist ('ok' imp)
    e. worthy lens kit (very impt...as understand that the 300d lens kit's worth closer sub-$200 as vs the D70's at $400++?, so imagine the ACTUAL worth of the already advance D70 body pitted against that of the 300D)

yeah believe canon be putting up a new champion very soon..though nikon's own announcements already show its not giving any leeway.

cheers
    Might wish to add that it has got an awesome flash-sync speed of 1/500.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12