Thread: Recycling of Silicon Gel.

Default Recycling of Silicon Gel.

Understand that the silicon gel can be recycled by heating the pink silicon gel in the oven till it become blue... but will the oven be safe for processing food?

Think should be safe, It release water vapour, but heard that to maintain its life longer, you must do it under certain temp.... Not sure too...

HEY.... there is this electric one availiable...

Think we can use hair dryer instead?

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee
    Think should be safe, It release water vapour, but heard that to maintain its life longer, you must do it under certain temp.... Not sure too...

HEY.... there is this electric one availiable...

Yes you can. The whole idea is to apply sufficient heat to release the moisture from the pink silica gel until it turns blue.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbocrab
    Yes you can. The whole idea is to apply sufficient heat to release the moisture from the pink silica gel until it turns blue.
    confirm...I just tried this morning...thanks 4 the tips

Or can use microwave or fry it on the wok.

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    Or can use microwave or fry it on the wok.
    Later the microwave or wok safe for processing food or not? Later food poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno
    Later the microwave or wok safe for processing food or not? Later food poison.
    Mine can use on Microwave.
    It doesnt contain food posionous when u heat up.
    I had my Panasonic Dry Box and told me I can heat up.

I had some prob now, when should I heat up. It had temperature.. i guess. but dunno when to heat up. and how long?

Thanks

i use a frying pan which is non stick to cook it til it turns blue..but if im not wrong, it only can be recycle afew times.. aft dat, it will turns white even u heat it agian... then, it time to throw it away..

Cheers!

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Incastasman
    i use a frying pan which is non stick to cook it til it turns blue..but if im not wrong, it only can be recycle afew times.. aft dat, it will turns white even u heat it agian... then, it time to throw it away..

Cheers!

Andrew
    Wan me to put an egg for u as well?? hehehe

Later he kana food posioning then no one jio u go shooting liao how... haaa...

Well Well Silca gel cheap cheap only mahz... One bottle about $3.5 to $4.5... and one bottle using last me 3 mths... 1/3 bottle per mth, change every mth, so it is not exactly that expensive. When you use microwave oven and heat hor, dun put too hight temp... try like 10sec 10sec 10sec util u see them turn back blue lor... silca gel i think is posionous one lor... remember in thos cracker sure got one packet of stuff say 'Posion, do not consume', it is the same thing lorz...

WHo is actaulyl holding pansonic dry box? how long must i wait to heat? I mean the period of time.... when shall i heat up? Maybe I shoudl conside the dry cabinet. hehe

next time i tell george and john to have shooting beside SLS or FUNAN... or maybe Chinatown MAX photo there... the next thing u noe hor... u taking taxi home with a big big box...

Actually when you fry it on a pan you should do it slowly, at low temp. Coz if you heat it too high a temp it will take longer to cool, hence it will absorb more moisture when colling down (my theory only). High temp may also cause it to crack when you fry it. If you want a electronic dry cabinet, wait for the March IT show, should be cheaper with delivery.

Aiyoh guys..why think until so complicated...just use an oven and put your gel into the aluminum foil mah

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    Aiyoh guys..why think until so complicated...just use an oven and put your gel into the aluminum foil mah
    Hahahaha GOod idea with the foil! Ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hmm. Im lookin forward for the cabinet. a small one.. guess it will be better in that case. hehehe at least i can put alot of thing in there. lol