Thread: Insurance for camera equipments

Default Insurance for camera equipments

Hi all,

I am going to Europe (London, Rome and Paris) end of this year, and will be bringing along my M9P and 35/50 lux. Are there any insurance companies that can insure the full value of these camera equipments? I did some search on old CS posts, and found that NTUC can only insure up to $500 for camera equipment.. Does this still hold true or any there any other insurance companies that I can look for?

Thanks,

Default Re: Insurance for camera equipments

Quote Originally Posted by lowjason View Post
    Hi all,

I am going to Europe (London, Rome and Paris) end of this year, and will be bringing along my M9P and 35/50 lux. Are there any insurance companies that can insure the full value of these camera equipments? I did some search on old CS posts, and found that NTUC can only insure up to $500 for camera equipment.. Does this still hold true or any there any other insurance companies that I can look for?

Thanks,
    A good travel insurance should cover it but make sure to check as travel insurance comes in different tiers and obviously the better and more expensive ones give more coverage.

Interested to find out if anyone know of any policies that cover camera equipment too.

So far the insurance agents I have spoken to (aia and great eastern) said that there are no policies that cover it. However from a search on the net it seems that it is quite common to insure for the full value as a rider on a homeowners policy in the US.

Common in US, but not in Singapore.

Default Re: Insurance for camera equipments

agree with artspraken. tried to do this late last year, but not successful. i believe the insurance here comes in either as part of the home content (burglary) or car theft. if memory serves, max is SGD 3k, which may not be adequate to cover them all. during those desperate moments, i tried calling a uk company to insure my camera+lens, but they said, only Brits who reside in EU can apply. Recently, a friend of mine stays in AU, and gave a reference. Same thing - they also didn't allow me to insure the gear (even though paying a global coverage) if i'm not a citizen / resident in AU.

Right then guess then it's not possible here.
    Thanks all.