Thread: [NDP2012] How is this done?

Default [NDP2012] How is this done?

Hi all,

I was fascinated by this photo done by one of the photojournalist in LianHeZaoBao:

I am wondering how is this taken? I was taking fireworks photos too and I rem the fireworks blast hap on different timings. Any technique to achieve such clean and multiple blast in one photos?

Thanks....

Blog Entries

Old school will be to do a multiple exposure shot, new tech would be to shoot many shots and DI together

Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    Old school will be to do a multiple exposure shot, new tech would be to shoot many shots and DI together
    Does the use if black card helps? I did it using black card for multiple exposure, provided all area is dark.

Default Re: [NDP2012] How is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by ataraxist View Post
    Does the use if black card helps? I did it using black card for multiple exposure, provided all area is dark.

If using black card technique, can achieve the clear part at the audience/performers area?

Default Re: [NDP2012] How is this done?

my guess is black card technique since editorial images 'not supposed' to be DI-ed?
    have to know the exposure time needed for the performers area, then only exposure the image for the required time, in between fireworks cover up lens with black card

wa if really use black card technique, timing must be perfect, plus performance area should not have much movement or else there may be ghosting...
    maybe the photographer has already memorised all the timings and fireworks after the various reheasals

Quote Originally Posted by cjl

If using black card technique, can achieve the clear part at the audience/performers area?
    2 cards could have been used, with one covering the audience area after one exposure done with a steady hand.