Thread: First time Visiting Yongon, Myanmar - seeingtips/advice on photography opportunities

Default First time Visiting Yongon, Myanmar - seeingtips/advice on photography opportunities

My first Visit to Myanmar, Yongon. - next week. for 4 days (not with any tour group...)

Have seen some postings here on Myanmar.

Please advise any 'must-go' places, etc....

Intend to bring: GX1, 7-14, 12-35, maybe also the 25...

Thanks

Default Re: First time Visiting Yongon, Myanmar - seeingtips/advice on photography opportunit

Shwadagon Pagoda is a must!

Default Re: First time Visiting Yongon, Myanmar - seeingtips/advice on photography opportunit

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
    Shwadagon Pagoda is a must!
    Here you go! A sample pic of the pagoda at night.

Inle Lake is a must though you have to travel out of Yangon

From hotel room, around 5:30 am, local time

Last edited by swhyge; 19th August 2012 at 01:47 AM.

After rain and cloud just cleared the pagoda top...

(the place I took the pic is where all the past kings would meditate before going to war - so the story goes)

Last edited by swhyge; 19th August 2012 at 02:00 AM.

Did you managed to get a glimpse of the giant ruby, somewhere at the tip of the pagoda?

Quote Originally Posted by swhyge View Post
    From hotel room, around 5:30 am, local time
    Which hotel is this ? thx Nice Photo.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

im going in oct..but prob is i got problem booking the domestic flights..
    anyone has suggestion or recommendation of ticketing agent?
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Obelix
    Did you managed to get a glimpse of the giant ruby, somewhere at the tip of the pagoda?
    The crown stone is a 76 carat diamond at the top...so high! How to see?. There was a freelance tour guide keep trying to lure me to a place where I can see the "diamond glow".. I did not follow him. Later I tried standing near that place, but see nothing.

Maybe they are referring to "dark ray", which I did capture in my pano shot. This is just a clever interplay of spotlight, reflection n shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive

Which hotel is this ? thx Nice Photo.
    Yazuna Hotel. Must stay at x08 rooms (end with 08). Other rooms do not have that view, most are obstructed.

Quote Originally Posted by pikapig View Post
    im going in oct..but prob is i got problem booking the domestic flights..
    anyone has suggestion or recommendation of ticketing agent?
    You can try this one :- TAW WIN OO (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD, #02-40 Peninsular Plaza. The rates are quite competitive. Fly on MAI.

My first Visit to Myanmar, Yongon. - next week. for 4 days (not with any tour group...)

Have seen some postings here on Myanmar.

Please advise any 'must-go' places, etc....

Intend to bring: GX1, 7-14, 12-35, maybe also the 25...

Thanks
    You can try going to the following places in YANGON area :-

1) Hotel - Traders Hotel (Nice and price is reasonable - You can ask the travel agent to help you out on this - TAW WIN OO (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD).
    2) Bogyoke Aung San Market (which is walking distance from Traders Hotel).
    3) Shwadagon Pagoda (walking distance from Traders Hotel about 10-15 mins)
    4) Chinatown (also within distance from Traders Hotel)
    5) Karaweik Hall – a royal floating barge on Kandawgyi Lake.
    6) Chauk Htat Gyi – reclining Buddha
    7) Sule Pagoda (over 2000 years dating back)
    8) Mahabandoola Park with Independence monument, the historic buildings such as the City Hall, the High Court, Port Commissioner, the Strand Hotel, General Post Office and Secretariat.
    9) Botahtaung Pagoda – sacred hair relic of Buddha is enshrined in it..
    10) Nanthida Jetty – See river life on the Yangon river.

I think your 4 days should be enough to go around in YANGON to see these places. Of course, there are more interesting places to go but need more times. You can also go to INLE and MANDALAY.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMoney View Post
    You can try going to the following places in YANGON area :-

1) Hotel - Traders Hotel (Nice and price is reasonable - You can ask the travel agent to help you out on this - TAW WIN OO (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD).
    2) Bogyoke Aung San Market (which is walking distance from Traders Hotel).
    3) Shwadagon Pagoda (walking distance from Traders Hotel about 10-15 mins)
    4) Chinatown (also within distance from Traders Hotel)
    5) Karaweik Hall – a royal floating barge on Kandawgyi Lake.
    6) Chauk Htat Gyi – reclining Buddha
    7) Sule Pagoda (over 2000 years dating back)
    8) Mahabandoola Park with Independence monument, the historic buildings such as the City Hall, the High Court, Port Commissioner, the Strand Hotel, General Post Office and Secretariat.
    9) Botahtaung Pagoda – sacred hair relic of Buddha is enshrined in it..
    10) Nanthida Jetty – See river life on the Yangon river.

I think your 4 days should be enough to go around in YANGON to see these places. Of course, there are more interesting places to go but need more times. You can also go to INLE and MANDALAY.
    Here is some of the photos I took in Myanmar :-

Chauk Htat Gyi- Reclining Buddha by rickytina1, on Flickr

Fisherman at work @Inle Lake, Heho, Myanmar by rickytina1, on Flickr

Sule Pagoda, Yangon by rickytina1, on Flickr

Phaungdaw Oo Pagoda, Inle Lake, Heho, Myanmar by rickytina1, on Flickr

The crown stone is a 76 carat diamond at the top...so high! How to see?. There was a freelance tour guide keep trying to lure me to a place where I can see the "diamond glow".. I did not follow him. Later I tried standing near that place, but see nothing.

Maybe they are referring to "dark ray", which I did capture in my pano shot. This is just a clever interplay of spotlight, reflection n shadow...
    I managed to get to a sweet spot to view it. Remarkably astonishing! The color of the diamond flare changes when you shift your head position within the same area. From blue to yellow to orange etc etc.

The photography industry is one of the most lucrative industries. Many people have decided to enroll in a photography school in order to get hired as soon as they graduated.

I got my flight from SQ and will be there from 19-27th oct, Will be in Yangon and inle lake and back to inle lake but if there is a slot for hotair balloon ride then I will go to bagan as well ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    I got my flight from SQ and will be there from 19-27th oct, Will be in Yangon and inle lake and back to inle lake but if there is a slot for hotair balloon ride then I will go to bagan as well ..
    Enjoy your trip, pls share pic when back.