Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which paper recommended/better? Kodak royal or Fuji Crystal? both 30cent print

Deregistered

If you are printing on Fuji CA Supreme and you want city area, try Triple-D at Burlington Square. If in the east, DigiPro is the place to go. If in the West, nothing beats Grace Digital. These are the best FDI labs I've had in sevice from, even when minor goof-ups occur. All three I've been using since last year. $0.30 per 4R.

If you want, ST_sg, you may PM me, I'll give you a direct recommendation to one of them.

Hi Azure, Thanks for your offer. Yes, I'd a good experience with Simon. Good delivery service too. Now pending enough quanitity to go another 100 4R prints with them
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

seen prints on Kodak Royal, Fuji CA, Konica Golden Dragon...

Fuji CA gives the best vibrance and clarity
    Kodak Royal gives the best colour reproduction, but it may look a little dull to some
    Konica Golden Dragon.... Erm.... its cheap @ like $0.25/$0.20 per print, what else can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    seen prints on Kodak Royal, Fuji CA, Konica Golden Dragon...

Fuji CA gives the best vibrance and clarity
    Kodak Royal gives the best colour reproduction, but it may look a little dull to some
    Konica Golden Dragon.... Erm.... its cheap @ like $0.25/$0.20 per print, what else can I say?
    I think the reason why you think Fuji CA (Supreme?) has the best vibrance and clarity is because it is printed on a Frontier machine, which incidentially is a Digital Machine, thus the colour look pretty fake, but it does look sharper and more vibrant. However, if you put the same paper onto an Analog machine, the colour (after you calibrate the machine to recoginse the paper, of course) will be similar to Kodak Royal gold and Konica Golden Dragon paper.

Similarily, if you pass the two papers onto a froniter machine, with proper calibration, you will get similar effect as Fuji CA Supreme. These three are comparable in paper quality.

Of all the machines I had seen, Konica Machine's output is pretty lousy, I do not know if it is due to the printer itself (who does not bother to adjust the colour, jt let the system switch to automatic) or the machine is build in such a way. Frontier's output is pretty fake looking, looks very artifical. Agfa D2 machine is very much more natural then Frontier, but still fake looking, the colour is vibrant too. Noritsu Machine (Digital from Ex-RGB) seems to reproduce the picture onto best quality ..... or was it because staff at Noritsu bothers to adjust the colour for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Azure
    If you are printing on Fuji CA Supreme and you want city area, try Triple-D at Burlington Square. If in the east, DigiPro is the place to go. If in the West, nothing beats Grace Digital. These are the best FDI labs I've had in sevice from, even when minor goof-ups occur. All three I've been using since last year. $0.30 per 4R.

If you want, ST_sg, you may PM me, I'll give you a direct recommendation to one of them.
    Where is DigiPro? I lives in the EAST. Thanks for the englightment

Deregistered

DigiPro is at Marine Terrace.

Grace is at Sunset Way.

Triple-D is at Burlington Square.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12