Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which paper recommended/better? Kodak royal or Fuji Crystal? both 30cent print

Question which paper recommended/better? Kodak royal or Fuji Crystal? both 30cent print

Hi there,

Heard from different people say different thing.. kodak royal paper quality the best, last longer. However, Fuji crystal better colors..etc

What's your pick?

Thanks for sharing... I just need some input to verify the above.

Cheers!
    Last edited by ST_sg; 29th January 2005 at 01:16 PM.
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Fuji supreme.
    sigh.

Kodak Royal really lasts. I was just flipping through some of my old albums (~10yrs).
    They all look brand new to me. Some konica papers already faded.

I just switched Fuji recently, very nice colours but dunno if it lasts.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

hmmmmm
    which one more lasting, i ain't sure.
    but if you are talking about colours, no doubt those printed on fuji papers have more vibrant colours!
    had personally tried fuji, kodak, konica b4.
    love the colours of a fuji!
    kodak's are a bit too yellow for my liking!
    Panasonic G3 | Minolta X700 | Minolta X370 | Pentax Asahi Spotmatic | Pratika MTL 3 | Panasonic Lx3

Which place prints 4R at $0.30 each? Kodak or Fuji? Which shop? Don't need at least 100 prints right?

Fuji and Kodak both good. Still prefer Fuji.
    Definitely no Konica.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Which place prints 4R at $0.30 each? Kodak or Fuji? Which shop? Don't need at least 100 prints right?
    U can try Grace digital lab at sunset way there....they using fuji CA supreme paper...just tell the owner there, simon, tat u r a clubsnap member and u can print at a discount liao...4R at 30 cents onli...no handing charge, no minimum prints....

What more if u printing more than 100, they will provide free delivery to and from ur place as well...

I prefer Fuji Crystal Archive papers. Use KT at Hong Lim Complex. They use Fuji Crystal Archive Supreme paper. Discounts avaliable for Clubsnap members.

Personally, I think that most Kodak prints are a tad too yellowish.

Fuji rulez!

if U are stay at west zone u may try at Miao Laan colour Ctr Blk 154 #01-302 Bukit Batok st 11 behind Macdonald or opp NTUC, For CS 4r $0.30 and 5r $.50 beside also other like 6" x 15" 8" x 15" 10" x 12" 10" x 15" service try the test print b4 u print the rest. must look for Kelvyn.

For those interested to read up on this: http://www.wilhelm-research.com/4x6/...e_preview.html

Fuji

Heard that some shops charge abit higher because they will glace through your photos first and edit the contrast and brightness of the whole load of your pictures before developing them out. Is this true?

Got any place near city area which prints Kodak/Fuji at $0.30 per print?

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11
    U can try Grace digital lab at sunset way there....they using fuji CA supreme paper...just tell the owner there, simon, tat u r a clubsnap member and u can print at a discount liao...4R at 30 cents onli...no handing charge, no minimum prints....

What more if u printing more than 100, they will provide free delivery to and from ur place as well...
    $0.30 collect the next day or few hours later can take?

I'd try the Koday express outlet at Far East Plaza, 3rd floor, near the overhead bridge. 1 hour + can collect liao. 100pcs 4R onwards for 30cent each.

Quality not bad... that's why I started this thread to gather feedback from Bros here,.. which paper is better. Anyway, seems like Fuji a major win here
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Fuji and Kodak both good. Still prefer Fuji.
    Definitely no Konica.
    Obviously you had not used Konica's Golden Dragon Paper before . Anyway, Both Fuji and Kodak also comes with 2nd and 3rd Grade papers, as much as Konica having 1st Grade papers.

I normally prefered Kodak Royal Paper and will not Reject Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Supreme. But I try hard to avoid Fujicolour Archive Paper.

But then that is also own preference. Basically, it boils down to whether the printer can calibrate their machine to print on the paper properly, getting the right colour tone.

I tink u might wan to call up the shop to check liao...think most prob depend on how biz he is.... I onli been there once but think Simon the only person there leh...tat time I develop ard 60 pics, I waited ard 2 days....

Grace Digital Lab: 67741846 (Simon)

cute man the name.. ahah so cheena.. now i know konica's top grade paper. but why is so poorly publicised?

There was a photo competition last year and my friend took part in it. They said you had to print it on Konica paper for some reason (forgot what lah..) then the colours turned out.. really bad.. if only I knew of the golden dragon back then...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast