Thread: recommend me a cam. *headache*

Default recommend me a cam. *headache*

i'm been looking at all the digicam but i don't know what i want.

i was thinking of FX7 but, no viewfinder and the picture quality is not as good as FX1 and FX2 hence i won't pay so much for it.

the camera must be slim because, i need to purchase it by next week for my sis as her birthday present.

anyone can help? budget is around $400-$600

thanks!

For unknown reasons, some ladies like those small tiny digicam, eg Canon i5 or Sony T3, but a bit higher than your budget.

How about a Sony W1? Should cost around $580 bundled with a 256mb memory stick.

Smile Re: camera???

I shoot with a DSLR and, as a pocket High Quality camera, I have been pleased with my 6mp Fuji E 550....

Quote Originally Posted by qert

i was thinking of FX7 but, no viewfinder and the picture quality is not as good as FX1 and FX2 hence i won't pay so much for it.

the camera must be slim because, i need to purchase it by next week for my sis as her birthday present.

thanks!
    dun agree on this, u check out the pic of fx2 and fx7, in fact fx7 is better.

i find FX7 is nice but quality of the picture dropped as they progresses lei.

how much does a canon ixus 40 cost?

for ladies, I will suggest getting either the FX2 or FX7 for the very simple reason that they have image stabilisation, which will go a long way to improving their snapshots which tend to be blur especially if they are not photo enthusiasts and just want a camera that can capture most things they shoot without much concern of whether they are holding it properly and so on.

other than the very nice Canon IXUS 40 (I find it too small for my hands and very hard to use but I am a guy not a gal), also check out the Olympus mju-mini (Verve), it has pretty good image quality and colors and is only $500+ with free 256MB xD card, not to mention that it is splash resistant.
    Last edited by nad; 28th January 2005 at 07:19 PM.

I have posted this in the Panasonic forum:

In theory FX2 will be better than FX7 in quality, due to the MP size difference. But in terms of significant, it will be minimal as there is only about 10%++ absolute difference.

I have yet to see a direct comparison between the FX2 and FX7. There is one HongKong user of FX2 and he tested the FX7, giving the feedback that FX2 does capture slightly more details in the shadow, but I guess 99.99% of the people here will not notice.

I have to note to the thread starter that FX2 is a current (less than 6 months) generation of digital compact, while the FX1 is a 1 year old product release. The W1 is to be replaced by a W5 soon in 2 months time.

chenwei:
    Where can I find these comparison pictures?
    Last edited by theITguy; 28th January 2005 at 10:26 PM.

thanks!

The 2 keywords in the above denotes the camera you Need to buy for her.

"slim" "sis"

If its a female, chances are ...get a Canon (there is probably enough Canon ads to persuade them its the hippest and coolest thing to have, anyway)

I am not saying they are the best (though then again, Canon does make good cameras...)

But for girls, Style, brand, looks Outweigh almost All factors, like lens quality, image stablisation, Megapixel count, how many times zoom...etc

Even a Canon ixus i5, W/o a optical zoom (digital zoom only), would be attractive to most girls,

who will go "wow got so many colors to choose to match my dress or handbag" or "hey can change the LCD color...cool"

instead of thinking "Spending so much $$$ on a camera that cant even zoom!!!!"
    Last edited by Winston; 30th January 2005 at 03:40 PM.

winston, which one would you recommend me then?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Even a Canon ixus i5, W/o a optical zoom (digital zoom only), would be attractive to most girls, who will go "wow got so many colors to choose to match my dress or handbag".....
    Thats funny!

winston, which one would you recommend me then?
    Depending on your budget...

I would think a IXUS 30 or 40 to be a good choice, the IXUS 30 is lesser MP and cheaper than the IXUS 40