Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore (9-12th August) . Need Suggestions

Default Re: Singapore (9-12th August) . Need Suggestions

Sadly, I will be landing on Singapore at 5am , 10th August morning.

And is photography with SLR allowed inside the malls and airport ?

And anyone having, "Singapore Travel Map Eleventh Edition (Periplus Travel Maps: Singapore Island & City Map) " ?
    Last edited by soamz; 4th August 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soamz View Post
    Sadly, I will be landing on Singapore at 5am , 10th August morning.

And is photography with SLR allowed inside the malls and airport ?

And anyone having, "Singapore Travel Map Eleventh Edition (Periplus Travel Maps: Singapore Island & City Map) " ?
    Photography is allowed in the airport, except for the customs and certain sensitive areas. For shopping malls, it depends a lot on the management policy.

You can get free maps at the airport but if you own a smart phone, google map is still the most convenient.

Okay, we planned it this way :

10th Day, Afternoon : Take a tourist MRT ticket and visit many places one by one. What all do you recommend ?

Evening & Night : What all do you recommend ?

-----------------------------------

11th Morning & Afternoon : Goto Orchard Road, Little India, China Town.

11th Afternoon & evening & Night : MBS

-----------------------------------

12th Morning, Afternoon : Sentosa Island

Evening : Changi Airport, as our return flight is at 8pm .

++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is a list, which I prepared , may be you guys can help, what all should I short list.

dl.dropbox.com/u/5128006/SINGAPORE%20LIST.rtf

11th Afternoon & evening & Night : MBS

If you see, we have already dedicated 11th for that area.

Do you still think, we cant finish it off in one day, so we should try 2 days for that area ?

On 10th Afternoon, you can try

Arab Street & Haji Lane

If you like somewhere less city-like, you can try

Southern Ridges
    Sungei Buroh
    or even take a bumboat to Pulau Ubin

As for evening and night, you can either go Night Safari or chill out at Clarke Quay.

Ok what all do you recommend for 10th Morning ?

We will set out at 9am in the morning from Lorong.

So, suggest please.

We will be taking MRT 48 hours tourist ticket.

Welcome to Singapore

thanks for your sharing....
    <a href=http://www.easibook.com> Singapore To Malacca Buses</a>
    http://www.easibook.com

hope you enjoyed your stay here in singapore =)

hope to see your photo soon! =)

Cheers

Just got back to India yesterday.

Had a great time there.

And guess what, Lorong 14 was one of the best area I saw in Singapore. Calm and nice , clean area. I cant believe, how you people said, thats a bad area and not safe area to stay. It was awesome experience!!

Very good people and very nice place.

Only problem in Singapore is water. We had to buy water from the hotel and tiger airways as well, which was stupid. Water is a minimum requirement and that should be free. 4$ for 200ML of water, WTF!!

Come to India and I would let you drink 20 litres of water for FREE. (Thats what, I told to the receptionist girl and the air hostess as well. )

Im seriously going to write bad reviews about the hotel and Tiger airways for this water thing only.

Here is one pic from the 7GB of pictures HDD ,

http:// 500px.com/photo/11666167
    Last edited by soamz; 14th August 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Water in Singapore is potable from the tap. Sometime I drink direct from the tap.

And Tiger is a budget airline, so yeah, anything extra apart from the ticket, you need to pay. Same for Jetstar, Airasia etc, food, drinks, even seat selection also need to pay. First time taking budget airline? Tiger already have many bad reviews anyway
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

good that you had a great time here!

you should say you stayed in geylang instead of 'lorong 14' I'm sure more people here and abroad knows about 'geylang' rather than 'lorong 14' (translation provided by Adnix in post #2)

not sure if you explored geylang at night, much more lively than in the day hehe, but still S'pore is generally a safe place

Only problem in Singapore is water. We had to buy water from the hotel and tiger airways as well, which was stupid. Water is a minimum requirement and that should be free. 4$ for 200ML of water, WTF!!
    Why not judge Singapore from the area you stayed in while you're at it? No one forced you to buy water from those two places. There are supermarkets and connivence stores where you can buy water from at much lower prices. And as someone mentioned, tap water in Singapore is potable. No one pointed a gun at your head and forced you to buy.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

Water in Singapore is drinkable right from the tap. Not sure if you drink 20L of water straight off the taps in India, what will happen?

I think you are being too shallow to judge the whole of Singapore based on this point.

Tiger Airways is a budget airline where you need to pay for your food and drink, the prices escalate exponentially because when you are in the sky, the cabin crew is your only source of water.

When demand exceeds supply, then be prepared to pay more.

You wanna drink water? Pay for it. Too expensive, then just tahan la. Nobody force you to buy water from them anyway.

Is this the first time when you travelled via budget airline?

Tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by tecnica View Post
    Water in Singapore is drinkable right from the tap. Not sure if you drink 20L of water straight off the taps in India, what will happen?

I think you are being too shallow to judge the whole of Singapore based on this point.

Tiger Airways is a budget airline where you need to pay for your food and drink, the prices escalate exponentially because when you are in the sky, the cabin crew is your only source of water.

When demand exceeds supply, then be prepared to pay more.

You wanna drink water? Pay for it. Too expensive, then just tahan la. Nobody force you to buy water from them anyway.

Is this the first time when you travelled via budget airline?

Tsk.
    You may be craping through the eye of a needle !!
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

hehe give visitor chance ba
    he may not have tried drinking from the tap before ma

though if he posted question here i'm sure the helpful forumers would reply in minutes

Come to India and I would let you drink 20 litres of water for FREE. (Thats what, I told to the receptionist girl and the air hostess as well. )

Im seriously going to write bad reviews about the hotel and Tiger airways for this water thing only.
    My friend, it depends which airline and hotel you are staying. If you are flying a main stream airline, you can drink all you want, even whiskey. If you are staying in good class hotel, usually you will have a couple of bottles by your bedside. You want to stay in cheap hotel in Lorong 14 and fly budget airline, then you have to buy your own water.

When I was in Mumbai, even when they give me free water, I rather pay and make sure they bring me an imported mineral water with cap still sealed. No offence but not everyone want free things.

You should have stayed in India then. Rather than to come our country and then complain.
    But then again it's ok, we would have complained more if we were to go to your country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12