Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: CPL Filters recommandation

  1. #1

    Default CPL Filters recommandation

    any good recommandation for CPL filters?
    budget around $200

  2. #2
    Senior Member raydio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,520

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by CTH1983 View Post
    any good recommandation for CPL filters?
    budget around $200
    B&H and Hoya stand out as the best brands.

  3. #3

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    B&H and Hoya stand out as the best brands.
    How are Marumi, Heliopan, LEE Filters?

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    We have sticky newbie guides for a reason: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/newbi...e-filters.html
    EOS

  5. #5
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    I have a copy of Nikon 77mm Circular Polarizer II Filter.
    Costs slightly more than 200 bucks 5 yrs back.

    Ryan

  6. #6

    Default

    I use Heliopan for my film Hasselblad lenses. Very good build quality- feel that they are better than a lot of B+W. I have used Kenko Zeta for my 77mm lenses- good results too. Price is slightly cheaper than European brands but I feel that if you gonna buy a specialised filter and want to go Japanese, just buy their top range and you'll be ok.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy
    I have a copy of Nikon 77mm Circular Polarizer II Filter.
    Costs slightly more than 200 bucks 5 yrs back.

    Ryan
    Friend loaned me his copy of Nikon CPL filter- very good quality too.

    But I suspect it's probably OEM by a good Japanese filter maker. I might be wrong.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Not Canon specific, thread move to Newbies Corner.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Member Mythmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Buangkok MRT
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    B&H and Hoya stand out as the best brands.
    Hoya makes the worst CPLs, too flare prone. They make the best UVs though.

    B+W and Marumi makes the best CPLs.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythmaker

    Hoya makes the worst CPLs, too flare prone. They make the best UVs though.

    B+W and Marumi makes the best CPLs.
    My Kenko Pro 1D Cir-PL wasn't bad at all.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  11. #11
    Member markyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    On a famous Island
    Posts
    1,632

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    i use B+W find them easy to clean and take note some brands the CPL is not smooth when turning the ring.
    NIKON f2.8 black GOLD
    Canon pure White

  12. #12

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    I only know my Hoya CPL broke on me during my Alaksa trip - it split into 2 when i tried to remove it from the lens (had to be something to do with the cold). I bought B+W to replace it... will see how this one last.

  13. #13

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpc View Post
    I only know my Hoya CPL broke on me during my Alaksa trip - it split into 2 when i tried to remove it from the lens (had to be something to do with the cold). I bought B+W to replace it... will see how this one last.
    B+W CPL.... one of d best to put yr mind to rest... & most ppl will stick to it after using it coz of its quality...
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  14. #14
    Member Marcus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chinatown
    Posts
    1,428

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Kenko Zeta EX is good though u might want to compare it with B+W or even Marumi...Cheers!

  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythmaker View Post
    Hoya makes the worst CPLs, too flare prone. They make the best UVs though.

    B+W and Marumi makes the best CPLs.
    I think your statement too sweeping a statement. Hoya offers filters in different price and performance ranges. Please at least understand the market before putting out nonsense like this...

  16. #16
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythmaker View Post
    Hoya makes the worst CPLs, too flare prone. They make the best UVs though.

    B+W and Marumi makes the best CPLs.
    lol, have you ever heard about Singh Ray, Tiffen, or Heliopan??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #17

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I think your statement too sweeping a statement. Hoya offers filters in different price and performance ranges. Please at least understand the market before putting out nonsense like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    lol, have you ever heard about Singh Ray, Tiffen, or Heliopan??

    Think you guys didn't notice his nick : Mythmaker.


  18. #18

    Default Re: CPL Filters recommandation

    I use the Hoya circular polarizer filter, good enough for me

  19. #19

    Default

    Another vote for me. I alway go for Hoya polariser cpl filter

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skybroodz
    Another vote for me. I alway go for Hoya polariser cpl filter
    How about carl zesis cpl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •