Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worth buying from BnS?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma
    watch out for traders. click on the user profile and see if this user has been persistently putting out items for sale, eg more than 1 a week or 3-5 items a blast. also, check out how long the item has been on market.

some items are harder to sell -- good leverage in price negotiation, as no taker may imply item is overpriced (market equilibrium theory).

some items may have been previously listed by user as having defects, imperfections, damage, etc - not reflected in the most recent BnS post, aka, covered up. if the seller insists that item is ok, ask in person specifically about the previously listed defects and observe body language.

do homework - what is Ebay price? for me I would think a fair BnS price is when the numerical value of the price seen on Ebay (quoted in USD) matches the item price seen on BnS (quoted in SGD). at least a 20-30% risky-asset-discount .

do homework - item review elsewhere on the net. see if the item you are looking at in BnS is a real quality item or a dud?
    The issue is not whether they are traders or not

It's ok that if they are traders. The most impt thng is the thing on sale is in working condition and reasonably priced.

I'm not sure how it is in the other sub forums, but the Pentax forum always has pretty realistic prices. I've bought 5 lenses n 1 body from the Pentax BnS so far & have been very happy with the prices & condition of the items.

The great advantage of BnS is that u only handover cash after inspecting the item till your satisfaction - something you cannot do for foreign forums n eBay. Will definitely continue buying n selling on BnS for the foreseeable future.

Default Re: Worth buying from BnS?

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    yea. buy grey better.
    if buying grey sets make sure they are from reputable shops... some used sets can easily be passed off as grey...

Part of the reason why we are seeing high re-sale prices is because retailers are selling at a premium, especially for the newly launched cameras. Take a look at the Nikon D4, D800, D800E for instance. Retailers here had been selling these at RRP or near RRP while people in other countries are enjoying lower prices. When you buy high, you sell high. That's natural. Its an open market. If the price is not right, you can just walk away.

Willing Seller, Willing Buyer at an agreed price... and the Buyer knows what he/she is buying

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go

That is why after research the clubsnap BnS, many people end up buying from e-bay.
    eBay can't be trusted lah

U actually dare to buy lenses from eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by donut88

bought a few anamorphic ones on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post

People buy cars and properties off eBay. Be street smart and do your homework and you'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    People buy cars and properties off eBay. Be street smart and do your homework and you'd be fine.
    yup.

sold and bought a few lenses already. Only thing i cannot stand is they take a % of your earnings lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth

yup.

sold and bought a few lenses already. Only thing i cannot stand is they take a % of your earnings lol.
    What's your recourse if the lens is faulty or not to working condition ?

Buy from someone who allows returns. If it doesn't work out, there's the resolution centre which can assist you in getting a refund. They usually freeze the accounts so all the more you should shop from someone with a good reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    yup.

And slapped me with a listing fee after I sold my items. Sometimes even as never sell items also got some type of fees.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12