Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Please recommend a table-top tripod

  1. #1

    Default Please recommend a table-top tripod

    I will be going for a holiday next month, would like to buy a table-top tripod for my setup: a Nikon D3100 with Sigma 30mm lens and maybe a Nikon SB400 flash. My budget is less than $100. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop
    I will be going for a holiday next month, would like to buy a table-top tripod for my setup: a Nikon D3100 with Sigma 30mm lens and maybe a Nikon SB400 flash. My budget is less than $100. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.
    You can use a bean bag instead.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  3. #3

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Never use a bean bag before how big is it? I am thinking of using it to take family photos in restaurant too . Is it feasible?

  4. #4
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    I use a slik

  5. #5

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    gorillapod

  6. #6

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    I use a slik
    Which model of slik? I really like the size of those free table-top tripod, too bad it collapse when I put the camera

  7. #7

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Gorillapod slr zoom

  8. #8
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop View Post
    Never use a bean bag before how big is it? I am thinking of using it to take family photos in restaurant too . Is it feasible?
    Get a "travel tripod" and just don't extend the legs

  9. #9

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Get a "travel tripod" and just don't extend the legs
    I have already a slik sprint mini gm for travelling but am thinking of going even "lighter" for this trip.
    I am only going to take environmental portraits and street photography. The tripod is only for "just in case" - Singaporean kiasu symptom

    After searching the Internet, have narrow down to either Slik mini pro DQ or the Slik mini II
    Any comments or suggestion?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Thanks everyone for the suggestion
    I have already buy the Slik mini II

  11. #11
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop

    Which model of slik? I really like the size of those free table-top tripod, too bad it collapse when I put the camera
    Slik mini II

  12. #12
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    manfrotto 209 very sturdy tabletop tripod
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  13. #13

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Slik mini II
    Where in Singapore can you get one and how much?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by chicken chop View Post
    Thanks everyone for the suggestion
    I have already buy the Slik mini II
    Where did you buy it,bro? How much?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by chanbri View Post
    Where did you buy it,bro? How much?
    I'm too busy to go around asking for the price
    So i got mine via EBay at US$20.28, pay via PayPal S$26.47. Shipping free.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Simei, Singapore
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Hi chicken chop

    What can u say abt your Slik Mini II?
    Is it stable?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    You can use a rice bag too.

    5kg one. Jin Fei Ren Golden Flying Man brand not bad.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kiasu Nation
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    ultra maxi mini

  19. #19

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    I'll go for Gorrilapod

  20. #20

    Default Re: Please recommend a table-top tripod

    Quote Originally Posted by johndc View Post
    Hi chicken chop

    What can u say abt your Slik Mini II?
    Is it stable?
    LoL it's still BNIB. I got myself a manfrotto 209 and didn't use the Slik Mini II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •