Thread: where to learn?

Default where to learn?

Can anyone tell me where to learn 3D STUDIO MAX?

Budget tight so thousands one cannot afford. My instructor tell me ITE may got classes, but besides ITE?

Also, what other beside 3D Studio Max can be animation like "Kan Cheong King"?

Quote Originally Posted by copperbird
    Can anyone tell me where to learn 3D STUDIO MAX?

Budget tight so thousands one cannot afford. My instructor tell me ITE may got classes, but besides ITE?

Also, what other beside 3D Studio Max can be animation like "Kan Cheong King"?

you can try autodesk local distributors like Local Distributors, most offer courses on 3D studio max
    Bloggerfly - Migrated my Blog
    Bloggerfly Gallery

Beside 3ds max, the other industry-standard 3D-rendering program is Maya (Dun noe what version now). Just a word of advise, 3D-rendering is a slow and tedious process. A short clip like Gan Cheong King is probably the result of a team working on different production processes for many many hours. If you are thinking of working alone, it's going to take a lot of time and a very powerful computer/computers.

Some common workflow for 3D rendering:
    -Planning
    -Object/s creation
    -Object/s refining
    -Motion mapping
    -Physics and effects mapping
    -Environment creation
    -Environmental physics and effects
    -Render to video (shortest process by far)

Thanks guys......

Got no choice but to upgrade to survive liao.....future market for photography will be very complex, not juz photography liao, it will be all abt production......photography juz a small part in future commercial market.

Also, too many young chaps graduated nowadays buy digital cam to shoot, some even for free......

decided to learn autucab first then see how....thks guys for the help.

http://www.vtc.com/products/showall.htm

All titles are free for previewing for the first 3 chapters. Paying USD60 for one month unlimited video learning.

I heard there is a skool in TG teaching 3D but i think 3D max is very common and it's gonna out date soon coz every Gov skool is using that software to learn and produce work... Ailas Maya 6 is more powerful.. Do some research if you are really into to line and Lucas is coming too i hope haha...

Heres some link that might help:
    http://www.alias.com/eng/index_flash.shtml
    you can also try your luck here:
    http://www.medialabs.com.sg/cgi-bin/...ms.cgi?forum=2
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

Each rendering package have their own strengths and weakness. They have their own target groups. Eg. Alias Studiotools for product design, 3D Max and Maya for film and game production, Microstation and 3D Viz for int/ architecture.

Know what kind of skills you need and learn the software that best suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by xieyuqi
    Each rendering package have their own strengths and weakness. They have their own target groups. Eg. Alias Studiotools for product design, 3D Max and Maya for film and game production, Microstation and 3D Viz for int/ architecture.

Know what kind of skills you need and learn the software that best suit you.
    i want to learn things like kan cheong king.....which to go for?

Animation? Definitely Maya.
    3dsmax is good for low poly 3D models, as I was told.

Anyway, 3D is not about picking up the particular brand of software. It's about picking up the concept. Learn the concept and you will be able to use any 3D software you come across. Of course, taking time to get used to a new interface is another thing.

Oh, and if you have the drive, you can pick up 3D all by yourself. 3dsmax tutorials are already very good for a start in my opinion.