For those fortunate ones, how many have checked the CCD for dust; and the followon question - How did you clean it?
Procedure to check CCD for dust
1. Shoot a white surface (ie an A3 piece of paper) at lens smallest aperture - f/16 or smaller
2. In Photoshop, do an autolevels
3. See those dark spots - those are dust!
4. Repeat Step 1 - shoot a different paper to eliminate paper problem.
5. In Photoshop, do an autolevels and import the first pic as a separate layer.
6. Toggle between the two layers - should have some spots that exist in BOTH layers. Confirmed got dust on CCD
7. PANIC! RUN AROUND ROOM! WRING HANDS! PULL HAIR!!
8. Read ClubSNAP thread on how to clean CCD.
9. Life is normal again .... aaaahhhhh.....