Thread: Sigma 18-250 or Tamron 18-270?

Default Sigma 18-250 or Tamron 18-270?

Hi, could anyone advise which of the above lens should i get? which do you recommend? i am currently using Canon 60D. Thanks in advance.
    Also if you could provide me with the price of this 2 lens?

Default Re: Sigma 18-250 or Tamron 18-270?

First off... I don't know the latest price, we have a price guide section, you can check there... and if don't have, please call or email the shops up for latest quotation... that is the easiest and fastest way to get the most accurate pricing.

Tamron 18-270 came in two versions,

1) Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO
    2) Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD

Don't let the macro in the first version fool you. It doesn't means that the lens is a true macro lens, just that it could focus quite close to the subject.

The PZD version of the 18-270 is significantly smaller than the previous version but significantly more expensive too. Sharpness wise, I would believe they are pretty much the same.

Sigma 18-250mm came in only 1 version as far as I know (might be wrong though). Image quality is generally quite good, and its AF is faster when compared to the Tamron version.

As to which one you really like, my advise is... go to the shop and try them out.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

I believe the PZD version is quite a bit sharper.

You can read online reviews and compare the results. Read about the features and specs. Define your budget. I recommend that you make decisions on your own. Don't let other people tell you what to spend your money for.
    EOS

Hi, thanks for the info, but i am also worried that some tamron lenses might encounter connection problem as in error when taking pictures with my Canon 60D especially.

Quote Originally Posted by magura78 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the info, but i am also worried that some tamron lenses might encounter connection problem as in error when taking pictures with my Canon 60D especially.
    Huh? Which lens in particular are you speaking about. My friend is using an 60D and a Tamron 17-50mm VC, as far as I know, she loved it alot and tat was the one and only lens she had. No problem at all. Another of my buddy is using a 60D too and using an old Tamron 17-50mm (non-VC), and had go with that lens for ages, until recently did he upgrade to a 17-55mm... all along... there are no problem with his Tamron, he just find it abit noisy.
    My lousy shots

i used the sigma 18-250 before. i loved it.
    MyFlickr
    FUJIFILM X-T1/XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS

Please specify $some_tamron_lenses or where you got this from. It takes two hands to clap, the camera body can also cause connection issues. Using 2 Tamron lenses (17-50 non-VC and 28-75) for many years I have never encountered any connection issues.
    EOS

Well not sure if those are being rectified already because so far my friends didn't face this problem at all. Maybe the newer batch of lenses had already been re-chipped. Better to bring your cam down to the shop and test the lens you wanted to buy.
    My lousy shots

The link provides already the specific details. The lenses you ask about are not mentioned there.
    EOS