Thread: Travel Sling Back Recommendation

Default Travel Sling Back Recommendation

Hi, does anyone have a good travel sling back recommendation?

I have browse through a few but they usually cannot accommodate one with battery grip. Does anyone knows which bags does it?

Currently I am using a 600D + Grip and will have 17-55 & 10-22 + 1 flash with me.

The bag I looking for must fit a DSLR with grip (possible with size like 7D+grip) + an iPAD space. Some side pockets for battery and memory cards but I don't think accessories will pose an issue on the choice of the bag since most of them have sufficient space for it

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Travel Sling Back Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by slmka View Post

I have browse through a few but they usually cannot accommodate one with battery grip. Does anyone knows which bags does it?

Currently I am using a 600D + Grip and will have 17-55 & 10-22 + 1 flash with me.

The bag I looking for must fit a DSLR with grip (possible with size like 7D+grip) + an iPAD space. Some side pockets for battery and memory cards but I don't think accessories will pose an issue on the choice of the bag since most of them have sufficient space for it

Thanks
    Think Tank Urban disguise series will fit cameras with battery grips.

Last edited by daredevil123; 23rd July 2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks
    Depends how you set up the internal dividers in most bags. I recommend paying a visit to Cathay Photo, TK Foto. You can also visit Ben Photo to try the Benro brand. Between these shops, should be able to find a bag you like. Do bring most of the stuff you intend to use as they usually allow testing to see if the gear will fit.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Thanks
    I got similar setup like urs, minus the flash, add one 50mm 1.8. I use Think Tank Retro 10 to carry my camera and lens, should be no problem to put a flash inside too. I put my iPad in the front pocket. The bag become heavy and not comfortable to carry (for me) with all the things inside.

Try the Retro 7, look same size with the 10, but got a dedicated space for iPad or Mac Book Air.
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

Thanks everyone for the input. If you have more suggestions, please feel free to add in.

Will check out the various types but currently have ThinkTank UD 50 or 60 in mind. Hope they too look too weird for traveling.

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for the input. If you have more suggestions, please feel free to add in.

Will check out the various types but currently have ThinkTank UD 50 or 60 in mind. Hope they too look too weird for traveling.
    UD60 is actually very big... will be good if you want to put other stuff in. But if you load them up, for travelling, your shoulder is going to be so sore. Backpack is the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    UD60 is actually very big... will be good if you want to put other stuff in. But if you load them up, for travelling, your shoulder is going to be so sore. Backpack is the way to go...
    Agreed and confirmed. The load on a single shoulder can also creates some strain on the neck muscles. For traveling and long walks a backpack is better for load distribution. There are a few which can be converted / used as backpack and sling bag.
    EOS

I had a UD50, i sold it away after using it with MBP 15" & my 5D2 kit ... extremely heavy for a shoulder bag.
    I'm just a photographer looking for my world~

ic thanks. my plan on sling bag was mainly for security. Since backpacks will provide "an open space" behind me and a sling bag I could keep it in front of me.

But agree for any heavier load I would still prefer a backpack, it sure provide more balance. Still recall my shoulder pain when I was using the Lowepro Nova 5 with the 70-200 F2.8 + flash and tripod....

Blog Entries

ic thanks. my plan on sling bag was mainly for security. Since backpacks will provide "an open space" behind me and a sling bag I could keep it in front of me.

But agree for any heavier load I would still prefer a backpack, it sure provide more balance. Still recall my shoulder pain when I was using the Lowepro Nova 5 with the 70-200 F2.8 + flash and tripod....
    There are backpacks that provide security in many ways. some open from the back of the backpack, shielded by your back, some comes with locking loops. All in all, while travelling, bagpack has always been my choice. And even in areas where it is not so safe, i have no problems with backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by slmka

Nah, sling bags are not meant for traveling with heavy load. Your shoulder will break, unless you got arnold's muscle. The problem with sling bag is your chest will be compressed by the cross sling. V uncomfy to breathe. And your shoulder will ache.

Backpack is the best. There are some v secured backpack. I know lowepro has one that has the opening that is on your back. V secure.

billingham!

I am using the Lowe pro DSLR video fastback 250. It is a backpack with the bottom compartment that can opens at the side. Top can put stuff and there is a laptop compartment too. It also has a tripod holder on the side. Quite huge, but good to use.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

hello slmka. you might want to look at the incase camera bag range. they seem to have awesome sling bag version such as the dslr sling bag. if you want to be able to carry an ipad try check out the ari marcopolous camera bag! it is a bit costly but it definitely looks sweet!

what it offers compared to the other slingbags that lowepro etc offer is discretion. i doesnt look like a camera bag at all. on top of that nice outlook!

i just found it while browsing for a sing bag online. ordering it really soon once i have my hands on my pay! lol

Thanks
    Last edited by haikalguntor; 27th July 2012 at 02:39 PM.

you can consider Billingham Hadley Pro

Hi, does anyone have a good travel sling back recommendation?...
    Thanks
    A sling back refers to a type of shoe women wear

Slingback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by shierwin; 28th July 2012 at 12:13 AM.

LighTri-318 UL

This is a good bag~