Thread: Pc keeps on Hanging...how to solve it.

Default Pc keeps on Hanging...how to solve it.

i m using a amd 3200 64bit 939pin chipset with the fan that amd provided...my cpu operating temp is around 50 deg c.
    i m using a mb the Neo2 Platium series for AMD K8...the K8N Neo2 Plat board.
    2 Cosiar 512mb Value Select 2.5 ddr400 ram.

but i hav been getting some problem of the whole pc hang and i have to restart the whole system again n again. in fact within an hr i hav to restart around 5 to 6 times.
    wat is the problem...is the cpu overworked or wat.?? i didn't overclock the pc at all.

do hope i am able to solve the problem with the help of u all...
    do tell me if i need to replaces any thing...like a cpu cooler.etc etc

thanz...

since when this happens? and what softwares were installed before this problem arises? or any hardware changes?

There could be quite a few possiblities ...

Faulty ram, power supply and such ... It'll be helpful if you can some of these spare parts, swap and narrow down the faulty parts ...

Good luck!

over heated ? check your CPU fan ...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Deregistered

If overheated, the machine should auto reboot more than halt? Halting probably is an indication of deadlock, either s/w or hardware causing it.

AMD chips gets really heaty then P chips and if u got an AMD system you need more fans or maybe a high end cooler to keep that baby chill.... Erm... I think it the window problem maybe u install something halfway and u restart the system so it will hang... I got this once and i got to reformat the whole drive lucky i got backup... if not i think it's attacked by virus... if your system can be operate afew times before u got this problem it will be on the software site not the hardware.... check with the local PC shop i think for inspect is around $30-50 unless you change or fix something.
    Favouritism | Design + Lifestyle + Art

Hi,

u could try going into the bios to change the following:

- pushing up the voltage for your ram to 2.6~2.7volts.
    - manually set the memory timings
    - manually set the ram clock to 200mhz

btw it could also be a bios related issue, do visit msi forums for more information if the above fails.

cheers