Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tokina 28-70 f/2.6-2.8 ATX Pro II

Originally posted by ninelives
    might even want to consider if he give it out free.
    U mean the HP 5100 scanner? Is it really that bad?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default Re: Re: Re: ATX 280 Pro

Originally posted by Minority
    Yeah considering the price and I am not a PRO... am still learning. I might settle for that coz its still better than my 28-105 3.5-5.6.
    Better than Nikkor 28-105/3.5-5.6 ? are you sure?

Maybe when I get better then upgrade. Btw do you see the glowing effect across all F ? or is just 2.8 to 4 only?
    Actually the 'glowing' happen on all f-stop, but at different level. The higher the f-stop, the less it will be. And the lower the contrast, the 'glowing' will also less.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ATX 280 Pro

Originally posted by tsdh

Actually the 'glowing' happen on all f-stop, but at different level. The higher the f-stop, the less it will be. And the lower the contrast, the 'glowing' will also less.
    I am using Canon. Its better than my canon 28-105 f3.5-5.6.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ATX 280 Pro

I would be very surprised if it is opposite. No, I don't have either lenses, but it would be a shame to Tokina if they can't even compete with a consumer Nikkor.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by Kho King

Since the scanner is with u already...why not just pay him some $ and make it yours?
    Coz I actually want a Coolscan.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATX Pro II

Originally posted by ckiang
    I see. Do you have a 100% crop from a scan of the 28-70 @ 28/2.8 and 28/4 ?
    CK, sorry I can only find the pic taken with this lens at 28mm f5.6, but none taken at f2.8, seems as I never use this lens at 28/2.8

This is the pic taken with Tokina 28-70 at 28mm f5.6 indoor with flash. (Sorry for the excessive grain, it is Kodak 400 ISO... )

At f5.6 it is quite ok, but definitely uncomparable with Nikkor 35-70/2.8
    Following is a pic taken with Nikkor 35-70/2.8D at 35mm f8, see the crisp image and fine details, no "glowing" on the high contrast edge.

Last edited by tsdh; 18th July 2003 at 02:11 PM.

tsdh,
    Very impressive test shots! Would really hope to be able to see the test of the same pic of the kiwi shoot by using Tokina lenses.

Is it possible to arrange a time/place to get all the lenses together and do some test shots?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATX 280 Pro

I would be very surprised if it is opposite. No, I don't have either lenses, but it would be a shame to Tokina if they can't even compete with a consumer Nikkor.
    Yes, you may be surprised. Nikkor 28-105/3.5-4.5 D, is one of the best consumer-grade Nikkors. And it can compete tightly with Tokina ATX-Pro 28-70 within its aperture range.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATX Pro II

CK, sorry I can only find the pic taken with this lens at 28mm f5.6, but none taken at f2.8, seems as I never use this lens at 28/2.8

This is the pic taken with Tokina 28-70 at 28mm f5.6 indoor with flash. (Sorry for the excessive grain, it is Kodak 400 ISO... )
    Hmm.... quite decent at 5.6, quite like the 28-105. Would be nice to see if anyone has a 28/2.8 shot with that lens to see how 'bad' it is.....

Thanks for posting.

Regards
    CK

tsdh,
    Very impressive test shots! Would really hope to be able to see the test of the same pic of the kiwi shoot by using Tokina lenses.
    Is it possible to arrange a time/place to get all the lenses together and do some test shots?
    Sorry, but I don't have Tokina lenses anymore. Bought one last year, then sold early this year, just use it around 6 months.

Sorry, but I don't have Tokina lenses anymore. Bought one last year, then sold early this year, just use it around 6 months.
    Yup I know, but if CK is getting the 28-70mm and I will get the 28-80mm soon (or minority?), then we can do the test together.

What do u guys say?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Yup I know, but if CK is getting the 28-70mm and I will get the 28-80mm soon (or minority?), then we can do the test together.
    What do u guys say?
    why so serious just to test a lens
    if you want to re-create my kiwi pic, its setup is simple. This is the diagram:

Exposure is spot-metered to the kiwi fruit (on the lighted side).
    Flash is set to manual, 1/16 intensity (I used Nikon SB-25),
    directed to a card-board reflector.
    The main light is daylight from the window.
    Last edited by tsdh; 18th July 2003 at 02:12 PM.

Default test

Actually I don't mind testing but I will be leaving the country for abt 1 month. I just got the Tokin 28-80 ATM pro yesterday...

Would do some test shots while I am overseas and see how it perform.

What do u guys say?
    So what do you do if yours in not good? Sell it to get another one?

Originally posted by Kit

So what do you do if yours in not good? Sell it to get another one?
    Maybe, or maybe not. Still hard to believe the Tokina 280 is a not so good lens (maybe that's the reason the 2nd hand price drop so much?), and curious in real life how much different the 270 and 280.

Thanks tsdh for the details setup and guide.
    DR KOH KHO KING

Maybe, or maybe not. Still hard to believe the Tokina 280 is a not so good lens (maybe that's the reason the 2nd hand price drop so much?), and curious in real life how much different the 270 and 280.

Ohhhh ok. Thanks for clearing my doubts.

Default ATX 280 Pro

Well actually looking at the test shots by the sell it was sharp. But like all the guys mention as long as you are aware of the limitation. or if you are not developing much 8R then it might not make such a big difference. Give the cost. So for me I only on develop 8R once a while so I think it should work well for me. Verses investinf 2K on a Canon 28-70 L lens. Unless u have $$$

Nikon mount AFS 28-70mm will be nearly S$3k...
    DR KOH KHO KING

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I must respectfully disagree with Ckiang about the Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX. It's very sharp for me. The extra 4 mm is very important if you're a DSLR user. The 82mm filter is expensive, yes (paid $77 for my multicoated slim one), but that's the price you pay for the extra wideness. Heftiness of a lens has never been a problem for me so far (but then I don't have a 50-500...).

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where to get a new Tokina 28-70 f/2.6-2.8 ATX Pro II?

How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast