Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canon and Nikon

Default Re: Canon and Nikon

Canon sponsors most Publishing houses and tabloids. i wouldn't be surprised if all press photographers are using Canon.

in the end, all that matters is that the shot you got, is a shot that you like best

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim
    Those things serve me well. But I would like to go into macro and wildlife. Therefore, I find canon a suitable brand for wildlife and Nikon suitable for macro.
    How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim View Post
    Those things serve me well. But I would like to go into macro and wildlife. Therefore, I find canon a suitable brand for wildlife and Nikon suitable for macro.
    My friend... Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax all have very very good macro lens and telelens too, not just Canon. And yes, although I am a Canon user, I will not discount other brands lenses. What you see and think is so wrong.

For example...

Nikon had an equivalent macro lens to Canon's 100mm f2.8L HIS lens known as the 105mm f2.8 VRII. And Canon had a 100-400mm telezoom that many wildlife photographers used and loved, but Nikon had one too - 200-400mm VR. As to the rest of the prime lens starting from 300mm up till 800mm, both Nikon and Canon had them.

The only lens that I don't see Nikon releasing is the 70-200mm f4 lens. But that is no big deal. For many people (myself for example), I choose the f4 bcos I cannot afford the f2.8L and also I find the f2.8 too heavy for me to carry for long distance...

And one more thing that you got wrong from your previous post - f4 is good enough even for night and low light photography, depending on how and what you shoot, so it is hardly - useless.

So if you wanted to go into macro and wildlife, my suggestion is to still stick with Nikon... which had heaps of incredible lens. The grass is always greener on the other side... but when you used it, you might miss what you have given up on.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim View Post
    From my point of view, i felt that Nikon is only for true Professional. But Canon is more for the hobbyist. I like Nikon's good ISO performance but i dislike their lens. I like Canon's lens but i dislike their camera body.
    trying to start a brand war? ain't gonna fly here. most people who start a flame war get their arses kicked out faster than they can type their next comment.

considered yourself warned. thread closed.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234