Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canon and Nikon

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

MP-E 65, 85mm f1.2 plus some others.
    What lenses that canon has but Nikon doesn't AND TS, a 14 year old boy, would be interested in and will be able to afford? I can't seem to think of any
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

Default Re: Canon and Nikon

I think going back to basics.... what lens do you NEED that Nikon don't have?

Personally, I think that changing a system just because it don't have XX lens and you dun need that XX lens (neither do you want) is stupid..
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

what are the things Canon have and Nikon don't?

the answer is so simple.........

all the L lenses lor

to TS, if you think switch system will make you a better photographer, than just do what you need to do.

if not, than find out what are the things that makes a photographer great, than acquire them.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Until the TS says which is the lens that push him towards Canon, there's not much more that we can say.
    Yes, TS please reply leh!
    Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

I felt that Canon has a wider range of lens. Such as 70-200mm f4L with or without IS and 100mm f2.8(Macro non L). While Nikon doesn't. Almost all Nikon lenses seem cool looking. I don't really care about the build or "L" or non "L", have or don't have red ring or even white lens. f4 might be useless in dark condition but it's somehow useful for wildlife photography. Canon's 50mm f1.8 II costs a lot cheaper than Nikon's 50mm f1.8G. Though Nikon's 50mm f1.8G has a better build then Canon and focus softer, but it's somehow cheaper by a lot.

From my point of view, i felt that Nikon is only for true Professional. But Canon is more for the hobbyist. I like Nikon's good ISO performance but i dislike their lens. I like Canon's lens but i dislike their camera body.

In short, you like Canon lenses cause they have more selections of the same model but different grades, specs and prices to suit different needs of their consumers~

Body wise i think both have their good and bad points~
    Last edited by blazin; 23rd July 2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Canon EOS 7D | 15-85mm | 50mm f1.8 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 A | 580 EXII

Errr.. Your feelings and opinion aside, in reality there are a lot of pros using canon (as well as pentax sony olympus etc). And there also alot of hobbyist using Nikon..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim View Post
    From my point of view, i felt that Nikon is only for true Professional. But Canon is more for the hobbyist. I like Nikon's good ISO performance but i dislike their lens. I like Canon's lens but i dislike their camera body.
    You must be kidding!

I wasn't kidding. When i went to Zoo, all i saw was people using Canon with telephoto. A lot of Nikon users were carrying 18-55mm except for one carrying a super telephoto.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim View Post
    Many press photographers use Canon.
    Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim
    I wasn't kidding. When i went to Zoo, all i saw was people using Canon with telephoto. A lot of Nikon users were carrying 18-55mm except for one carrying a super telephoto.
    If you have decided, then there isn't really a need to ask for feedback here.

It doesn't matter what equipment strangers you see are using, which brand or gear really depends on the group you hang out with and the type of photography you do.

Just because alot of people uses canon at the zoo doesn't mean that it's not professional. Both Nikon and canon are established brands.

And what's wrong with using a Nikon with 18-55 mm at the zoo? They might just be taking closer shots or walking closer. No need for telephotos lenses.

What gear do you currently have that makes you think you are not getting the photos you want easily?

Your choice of switching is based on your likes and dislikes, so only you can decide which gear to get. Or like you say, get both sets lor, but that means carrying all the gear for your shoots. Would you want to do that?
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

The zoo?!? The only pros there are the zoo keepers! Jokes aside, TS, Nikon vs Canon debate is pointless. Just get something that suits yr budget n yr needs.

Many professional sports photographers use canon by the way. Next time you watch sports on TV, just look out for all those long white telephoto lenses.

Currently, I have a D3100, 35mm f1.8G DX, 55-300mm DX and a 18-55mm

Those things serve me well. But I would like to go into macro and wildlife. Therefore, I find canon a suitable brand for wildlife and Nikon suitable for macro.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera View Post
    ...because those are the cameras owned by the publishing house, the photographers use the cameras supplied by the company. Their own personal cameras could be any brand.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera

Many press photographers also shoot horrible photos so what Is your point?
    My Flickr

Those things serve me well. But I would like to go into macro and wildlife. Therefore, I find canon a suitable brand for wildlife and Nikon suitable for macro.
    Then own both brands. Best if both worlds or you're a poor student like me? Then suck it up and live with what you have. Only upgrade if you really need it. Selling all your stuff now and changing to canon will only cause you to lose money. And money is not easy to earn.
    My Flickr

I won't sell Nikon. It's precious to me. Yep! I'm a poor student

I won't sell Nikon. It's precious to me. Yep! I'm a poor student
    Besides that I'm sure you haven't used your equipment to its full Potential yet. Singer out thr an shoot more
    My Flickr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast