Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Canon and Nikon

  1. #1

    Default Canon and Nikon

    Recently, I've been wondering if i should switch line to Canon or not. My reasons for switching is because of the lens that Canon has.
    Either i switch or i get a Canon and Nikon body.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    maybe you can share your current list of equipment? So that others can give advice accordingly

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapura
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    It all depends on your needs. You need to tell us more about what you shoot etc...
    Btw wrong forum. Should post this in newbies corner.
    Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

  4. #4
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Hi Keith, for all general means and purposes, both will get the job done

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    where.s my popcorn.? N v C brand war begins
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  6. #6

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Depends on you or your camera model lor~
    Both systems are different~ If you are used to Nikon you might not be used to Canon's system~

    Canon lens mostly can be shared among all their DSLR~
    Nikon lens had different lens for some different models~ might not be able to bring forward your old lens~

    But both have good lens to get the job done~
    Last edited by blazin; 21st July 2012 at 09:28 AM.
    Canon EOS 7D | 15-85mm | 50mm f1.8 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 A | 580 EXII

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma
    where.s my popcorn.? N v C brand war begins
    Nah, there won't be a brand war. It doesn't matter what the TS choose, any brand will get the job done.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Nah, there won't be a brand war. It doesn't matter what the TS choose, any brand will get the job done.
    that's is completely correct but is not TS's objective. TS's objective is to have lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of lens to select from (or just a few i guess).

    I am not conversant with Nikon system, but there are a lot of 3rd party adapters out there for EOS mount so that Nikkor lens, m42, etc mount all can use on EOS.

    want a Carl Zeiss lens for $50 ? also can... m42 mount "vintage" lens, with adaptor of course.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim
    Recently, I've been wondering if i should switch line to Canon or not. My reasons for switching is because of the lens that Canon has.
    Either i switch or i get a Canon and Nikon body.
    What lens does canon have that Nikon doesn't? 85 1.2 (AF)?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim
    Recently, I've been wondering if i should switch line to Canon or not. My reasons for switching is because of the lens that Canon has.
    Either i switch or i get a Canon and Nikon body.
    Why you want to switch? And you switch from which camera?
    Last edited by coolthought; 21st July 2012 at 10:05 AM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  11. #11

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    Canon lens mostly can be shared among all their DSLR~
    Nikon lens had different lens for some different models~ might not be able to bring forward your old lens~
    Are you so sure of that? Canon has the EF and EF-S lenses, and not all EF-S lenses will fit on FF cameras because of the mirror striking rear lens elements. Nikon only has the F-mount in their DSLRs. I think you're mistaking Canon for Nikon.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 21st July 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Alpha

  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    please take note of something before you post.

    #1, TS is only 14 years old (if he's honest about his age). so only offer advices fit his age.

    #2, Here is newbies corner, remember about "newbies protection policy"

    #3, stay within the guild line and everybody is happy.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim View Post
    Recently, I've been wondering if i should switch line to Canon or not. My reasons for switching is because of the lens that Canon has.
    Either i switch or i get a Canon and Nikon body.
    Mind you, if you think that Canon lenses are the best because of the "L"... That's not true. Not all Canon L lenses are good (their 24-70 was especially bad compared to the competition). Most Nikkor lenses are good. Sony has excellent autofocus Carl Zeiss and also the G lenses. Pentax has excellent "Limited" lenses, etc etc...

    Point is, if it's just because of the "L" label that you want to switch, you may gain nothing and lose a lot of $$$. You need to know exactly what you think is limiting you in your current system.
    Alpha

  14. #14

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    please take note of something before you post.

    #1, TS is only 14 years old (if he's honest about his age). so only offer advices fit his age.

    #2, Here is newbies corner, remember about "newbies protection policy"

    #3, stay within the guild line and everybody is happy.
    I'm behaving hor. :P
    Alpha

  15. #15
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I'm behaving hor. :P
    no worry, I'm not referring to you... or somebody in particular.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #16
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Lim View Post
    Recently, I've been wondering if i should switch line to Canon or not. My reasons for switching is because of the lens that Canon has.
    Either i switch or i get a Canon and Nikon body.
    You really should list down the reasons you can think of to switch camps, and come back another day to look at the list objectively.
    Question the points you raised. They may be based on misinformation.

    In all likelihood you'll realize that there's little benefit to switching camps, at least from a financial standpoint.
    Exploring! :)

  17. #17

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    is there any advantage in the adapter systems (eg can Nikon body take as many different adapters for different mounts eg legacy Nikkor, m42, etc?) between Canon and Nikon brand?

    If there are more adapters for Canon, one could save $ by getting vintage mount lens from US$50 upwards and mounting all nice old lenses on the body. (Sorry i seem to be fixated on this)
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  18. #18

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Canon has a better lens range than Nikon? I've always wanted a 12-24 f2.8 from canon but unfortunately that doesn't exist. Both brands have their pros and cons for lenses. Can always go third party as well.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    before you make the decision, ask yourself WHY do you want the change. because of Lenses?

    why? because Canon has more lenses? or a specific lens that you want?

    or perhaps it's because Canon has "L" lenses and Nikon doesn't?

    your opening question is too vague to give a proper suggestion

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Canon and Nikon

    Buy cameras and lenses from both Canon and Nikon. After that buy Pentax and Sony systems. Then buy Leica and move on to Hasselblad. Help stimulate the economy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •