Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Fighting in Sim Lim Square today!

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    some ah bengs also can act well.
    Some bengs also curse and swear!!!

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Some bengs also curse and swear!!!
    some bengs also boast how long they can curse and swear non-stop without repeating themselves.

  3. #23
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,340

    Default

    what is beng?
    how you different them from normal people?


  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I think this shop is on the 3rd floor...in front of the elevator...it is a newly open shop and still under renovation.
    Anyone there today that seen this action too??
    The 1 in front of the escalator going up from the 2nd floor, or the 1 coming fown from the 4th floor ?

  5. #25

    Default

    Some people just like to fight.

  6. #26

    Default

    so who won who won??
    wah exciting
    no one stop them and the customer walked away, that means he won the fight?

  7. #27
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    so who won who won??
    wah exciting
    no one stop them and the customer walked away, that means he won the fight?
    Its pretty obvious rite?

    Round 1, Fight! Ha-do-ken!

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    some bengs also boast how long they can curse and swear non-stop without repeating themselves.

    Good one man. Thanks for the morning laugh.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    The 1 in front of the escalator going up from the 2nd floor, or the 1 coming fown from the 4th floor ?
    I forgot which side liao la! But it is a newly renovated shop, should be very easy to spot!

  10. #30

    Default

    just open start cheating people already?
    that's not good

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    any pic? u can post for us to comment

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Some people just like to fight.

    no lah...sometimes customers at fault....most ah bengs i meet at sls...normally quite friendly but impatient at times.

    I see ALOT singaporeans....tend to look down on them....ask them about products or price, the tone as if the ah beng "owe" them the answer.....if i was the sales person...i would be pissed too if the customer was rude.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    no lah...sometimes customers at fault....most ah bengs i meet at sls...normally quite friendly but impatient at times.

    I see ALOT singaporeans....tend to look down on them....ask them about products or price, the tone as if the ah beng "owe" them the answer.....if i was the sales person...i would be pissed too if the customer was rude.
    I do agree that some bengs are friendly coz I met a few of them and they give me discount on the items.
    But sometimes, it is the salesperson's fault also la...
    once, I went to shop for a VCD player (many years back liao) in Sim Lim Tower and so I went around shops and see which model is better. When I came to one shop, I saw a Panasonic model which is quite good and ask the bengs salesperson the cost of it. He quoted me $250 (which was way higher than other shops). I told him that I would consider first and he shouted "so cheap liao still consider what? Tell me your price I sell to you la...". And when I replied to him that I dun wish to buy then he shouted "then dun buy ask for f$%^...get lost la!".
    Just tell me what kind of manners is there???

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I saw a Panasonic model which is quite good and ask the bengs salesperson the cost of it. He quoted me $250 (which was way higher than other shops). I told him that I would consider first and he shouted "so cheap liao still consider what? Tell me your price I sell to you la...". And when I replied to him that I dun wish to buy then he shouted "then dun buy ask for f$%^...get lost la!".
    Just tell me what kind of manners is there???

    one must learn the "Art of bargaining and sales discussion"...hehehehe

    Firstly...

    NEVER NEVER NEVER ask the price first. (even if that's what you wanted to know first)

    Ask bout what other models/colors/functions.....then ask price. Coz most of them are offended or feel you are not a worthy customer, if u ask the price first. (sometimes i forget too...haha)

    If you been shopping for bargains in malaysia and hong kong.....especially their Chinatowns.....one should have known if you touch touch the product too much and ask the price...and DUN buy....they will curse your family 18 levels of hell in cantonese once u turn your back on them. So if dun have strong interest....dun touch touch fiddle fiddle too much with the product then say not buying.

    Not interested at all....juz keep quiet....look at it, if they ask, juz say nicely "juz looking, thanx"...no harm in that.
    Last edited by sbs99; 24th January 2005 at 10:32 AM.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,961

    Default

    "Treat others how u want others to treat u"


  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    If we ask the salesperson so many stuff, den in the end we dun buy, wont he even more tu lan meh? ....but quite true abt overseas...heard if u go hong kong or china these place....ask liao den dun buy sure kana scold or even chase by them...

    Actually I also encounter same prob as xxxboy b4....went to this shop opp CP...den kana scold when I dun buy his $8 silica gel... ....can search my thread for the details...

  17. #37

    Default

    Ah Lians? I like...

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    one must learn the "Art of bargaining and sales discussion"...hehehehe

    Firstly...

    NEVER NEVER NEVER ask the price first. (even if that's what you wanted to know first)

    Ask bout what other models/colors/functions.....then ask price. Coz most of them are offended or feel you are not a worthy customer, if u ask the price first. (sometimes i forget too...haha)

    If you been shopping for bargains in malaysia and hong kong.....especially their Chinatowns.....one should have known if you touch touch the product too much and ask the price...and DUN buy....they will curse your family 18 levels of hell in cantonese once u turn your back on them. So if dun have strong interest....dun touch touch fiddle fiddle too much with the product then say not buying.

    Not interested at all....juz keep quiet....look at it, if they ask, juz say nicely "juz looking, thanx"...no harm in that.
    just do research then went to get from the cheapest shop (via asking ard)
    check n see if the warranty too..
    if you ask n ask, then eventually price not good, then who fault?
    waste both you n salesman time.

    veri wrong advice abt beating ard the bushes..
    asking directly won't lose you any slice of skin.

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bwilly
    just do research then went to get from the cheapest shop (via asking ard)
    check n see if the warranty too..
    if you ask n ask, then eventually price not good, then who fault?
    waste both you n salesman time.

    veri wrong advice abt beating ard the bushes..
    asking directly won't lose you any slice of skin.


    either way also die....i think most people would agree with me....any more opinions from the rest? To ask or not to ask bout price directly?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    either way also die....i think most people would agree with me....any more opinions from the rest? To ask or not to ask bout price directly?
    Actually most of the time I would know what to buy and the specs of the product before I go to SLS. I found that most sales don't know what are they talking about and just interested in "bluff" you (I said most here, I know some that is quite nice).

    So.... usually if I go there I will go straight and ask the price. (PS: This is the reason why I strictly shoping for computer goods vs. buying other stuff from SLS).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •