Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting in Sim Lim Square today!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    some ah bengs also can act well.
    Some bengs also curse and swear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Some bengs also curse and swear!!!
    some bengs also boast how long they can curse and swear non-stop without repeating themselves.

what is beng?
    how you different them from normal people?

I think this shop is on the 3rd floor...in front of the elevator...it is a newly open shop and still under renovation.
    Anyone there today that seen this action too??
    The 1 in front of the escalator going up from the 2nd floor, or the 1 coming fown from the 4th floor ?

Some people just like to fight.

so who won who won??
    wah exciting
    no one stop them and the customer walked away, that means he won the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    so who won who won??
    wah exciting
    no one stop them and the customer walked away, that means he won the fight?
    Its pretty obvious rite?

Round 1, Fight! Ha-do-ken!

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    some bengs also boast how long they can curse and swear non-stop without repeating themselves.

Good one man. Thanks for the morning laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    The 1 in front of the escalator going up from the 2nd floor, or the 1 coming fown from the 4th floor ?
    I forgot which side liao la! But it is a newly renovated shop, should be very easy to spot!

just open start cheating people already?
    that's not good

any pic? u can post for us to comment

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Some people just like to fight.

no lah...sometimes customers at fault....most ah bengs i meet at sls...normally quite friendly but impatient at times.

I see ALOT singaporeans....tend to look down on them....ask them about products or price, the tone as if the ah beng "owe" them the answer.....if i was the sales person...i would be pissed too if the customer was rude.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    no lah...sometimes customers at fault....most ah bengs i meet at sls...normally quite friendly but impatient at times.

I see ALOT singaporeans....tend to look down on them....ask them about products or price, the tone as if the ah beng "owe" them the answer.....if i was the sales person...i would be pissed too if the customer was rude.
    I do agree that some bengs are friendly coz I met a few of them and they give me discount on the items.
    But sometimes, it is the salesperson's fault also la...
    once, I went to shop for a VCD player (many years back liao) in Sim Lim Tower and so I went around shops and see which model is better. When I came to one shop, I saw a Panasonic model which is quite good and ask the bengs salesperson the cost of it. He quoted me $250 (which was way higher than other shops). I told him that I would consider first and he shouted "so cheap liao still consider what? Tell me your price I sell to you la...". And when I replied to him that I dun wish to buy then he shouted "then dun buy ask for f$%^...get lost la!".
    Just tell me what kind of manners is there???

I saw a Panasonic model which is quite good and ask the bengs salesperson the cost of it. He quoted me $250 (which was way higher than other shops). I told him that I would consider first and he shouted "so cheap liao still consider what? Tell me your price I sell to you la...". And when I replied to him that I dun wish to buy then he shouted "then dun buy ask for f$%^...get lost la!".
    Just tell me what kind of manners is there???

one must learn the "Art of bargaining and sales discussion"...hehehehe

Firstly...

NEVER NEVER NEVER ask the price first. (even if that's what you wanted to know first)

Ask bout what other models/colors/functions.....then ask price. Coz most of them are offended or feel you are not a worthy customer, if u ask the price first. (sometimes i forget too...haha)

If you been shopping for bargains in malaysia and hong kong.....especially their Chinatowns.....one should have known if you touch touch the product too much and ask the price...and DUN buy....they will curse your family 18 levels of hell in cantonese once u turn your back on them. So if dun have strong interest....dun touch touch fiddle fiddle too much with the product then say not buying.

Not interested at all....juz keep quiet....look at it, if they ask, juz say nicely "juz looking, thanx"...no harm in that.
    Last edited by sbs99; 24th January 2005 at 10:32 AM.
    One-North Explorers

"Treat others how u want others to treat u"

If we ask the salesperson so many stuff, den in the end we dun buy, wont he even more tu lan meh? ....but quite true abt overseas...heard if u go hong kong or china these place....ask liao den dun buy sure kana scold or even chase by them...

Actually I also encounter same prob as xxxboy b4....went to this shop opp CP...den kana scold when I dun buy his $8 silica gel... ....can search my thread for the details...

Ah Lians? I like...

one must learn the "Art of bargaining and sales discussion"...hehehehe

Firstly...

NEVER NEVER NEVER ask the price first. (even if that's what you wanted to know first)

Ask bout what other models/colors/functions.....then ask price. Coz most of them are offended or feel you are not a worthy customer, if u ask the price first. (sometimes i forget too...haha)

If you been shopping for bargains in malaysia and hong kong.....especially their Chinatowns.....one should have known if you touch touch the product too much and ask the price...and DUN buy....they will curse your family 18 levels of hell in cantonese once u turn your back on them. So if dun have strong interest....dun touch touch fiddle fiddle too much with the product then say not buying.

Not interested at all....juz keep quiet....look at it, if they ask, juz say nicely "juz looking, thanx"...no harm in that.
    just do research then went to get from the cheapest shop (via asking ard)
    check n see if the warranty too..
    if you ask n ask, then eventually price not good, then who fault?
    waste both you n salesman time.

veri wrong advice abt beating ard the bushes..
    asking directly won't lose you any slice of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilly
    just do research then went to get from the cheapest shop (via asking ard)
    check n see if the warranty too..
    if you ask n ask, then eventually price not good, then who fault?
    waste both you n salesman time.

veri wrong advice abt beating ard the bushes..
    asking directly won't lose you any slice of skin.

either way also die....i think most people would agree with me....any more opinions from the rest? To ask or not to ask bout price directly?
    One-North Explorers

either way also die....i think most people would agree with me....any more opinions from the rest? To ask or not to ask bout price directly?
    Actually most of the time I would know what to buy and the specs of the product before I go to SLS. I found that most sales don't know what are they talking about and just interested in "bluff" you (I said most here, I know some that is quite nice).

So.... usually if I go there I will go straight and ask the price. (PS: This is the reason why I strictly shoping for computer goods vs. buying other stuff from SLS).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast