Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Thread: Jokes Thread

Hougang, Punggol

Default Re: Jokes Thread

莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

East of Singapore

Pentax buys over 51% of Olympus and new camera will be know as a Penpus
    Last edited by yqt; 19th July 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Hougang, Punggol

Mommy almost died this morning

Little Lucy went out into the garden and saw her cat Piddles lying on the ground with its eyes shut and its legs in the air. She fetched her Dad to look at Piddles, and on seeing the cat he said, as gently as he could, "I'm afraid Piddles is dead, Lucy."

"So why are his legs sticking up in the air like that, Daddy?" asked Lucy as she fought back the tears.

At a loss for something to say the father replied, "Piddles' legs are pointing straight up in the air so that it will be easier for Jesus to float down from heaven above and grab a leg and lift Piddles up to heaven."

Little Lucy seemed to take her Piddles' death quite well. However, two days later when her father came home from work, Lucy had tears in her eyes and said: "Mommy almost died this morning."

Fearing something terrible had happened the father shook the girl and shouted, "How do you mean Lucy? Tell Daddy!"

"Well", mumbled Lucy, "soon after you left for work this morning I saw mommy lying on the floor with her legs in the air and she was shouting, 'Oh Jesus!!! I'm coming, I'm coming!!!' and if it hadn't been for the milkman holding her down she definitely would have gone, Daddy."
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Hougang, Punggol

Answering Machine

My wife and I can't come to the phone right now, but if you'll leave your name and number, we'll get back to you as soon as we're finished.

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

A is for academics, B is for beer. One of those reasons is why we're not here. So leave a message.

Hi. This is John. If you are the phone company, I already sent the money. If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my financial aid institution, you didn't lend me enough money. If you are my friends, you owe me money. If you are a female, don't worry, I have plenty of money.

Hello, you are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages. My owners do not need siding, windows, or a hot tub, and their carpets are clean. They give to charity through their office and do not need their picture taken. If you're still with me, leave your name and number and they will get back to you.

This is not an answering machine -- this is a telepathic thought- recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling and a number where I can reach you, and I'll think about returning your call.

Hi, I'm not home right now but my answering machine is, so you can talk to it instead. Wait for the beep.

Hello, you've reached Jim and Sonya. We can't pick up the phone right now, because we're doing something we really enjoy. Sonya likes doing it up and down, and I like doing it left to right ... real slowly. So leave a message, and when we're done brushing our teeth, we'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis247
    Holland and America Flag

A visitor from Holland was chatting with his American friend and was jokingly explaining about the red, white and blue in the Netherlands flag.

"Our flag symbolizes our taxes," he said. "We get red when we talk about them, white when we get our tax bill, and blue after we pay them."

"That's the same with us," the American said, "only we see stars, too."
    Was there anyone hanging on the flag pole?
    Fujifilm X-Pro1 | XF 14, 18, 35, 56, 60, 55-200 | EF-X20 speedlite

Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!

Don't know about jokes, but I do know some names I've encountered... (just a coincidence if your name is just as below... I'm not talking about you and I don't know you!)

Shi Ting

Jijit KeongKan

Sukdeep Singh

Happy 51st Nday Singapore!!!! Shot this Taiwanese Model @ 30th July Nday fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by yrh0413 View Post
    Oooh oooh I got one to share!

"climbing a tree makes you a pro!"
    Swinging from tree to tree makes you a super pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    hi friends

I just realized that Clubsnap forums has got NO JOKE THREAD. (search function 12 pages not a single one dedicated to jokes!

This is very sad because this is such an interesting forum.

Hence I am starting this Jokes Thread in Kopitiam so we can all have a break from the stress of living.

Please contribute your jokes. (note the boundaries of "free speech" also in Singapore - no jokes infringing Singapore laws please)

If it is risque aka R-rated and above please indicate this at the top of your post so that people with aversion to these jokes can avoid it.
    got lar, it is in chinese, search for "qian bian wen da ti"
    Objection !!!

Objection !!!

Punggol, Singapore

Shared this before, find it is funny but rather truth, especially you are a married person, so bo pian recycle it....

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot | iStock portfolio

Shizuma provide translation service to share with non Mandarin speaking friends:
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Shared this before, find it is funny but rather truth, especially you are a married person, so bo pian recycle it....

以前提到结婚,想到“天长地久” before marriage, we think: we will be together as long as Heaven and Earth endures.
    现在提到结婚,想到“能撑多久”。 after marriage, we think: "how much longer do we have to endure?!"

当初会结婚,说是“看上眼”, before marriage, we say "you caught my eye"
    后来会离婚,说是“看走眼”。 after marriage, it is: "pain in my eye"

婚前爱情是“神话”, before marriage, love is "divine"
    婚后爱情是“笑话”。 after marriage, love is a "joke"

恋爱时“情话绵绵” during courtship, a litany of mush
    结婚后“谎话连连”。 after marriage, a litany of lies

恋爱时的男人,喜欢“毛手毛脚”, during courtship, a man helpful in every way
    结婚后的男人,变成“没手没脚”。 after marriage, a man changes to helpless in every way

婚前男人,大都很“幽默” before marriage, men are humorous
    婚后男人,大都很“沉默”。 after marriage, men are morose

恋爱时,一见面就“亲嘴”, during courtship, it's a kiss on sight
    结婚后,一见面就“斗嘴”。 after marriage, it's a fight on sight

婚前男人常给女人“空白支票”, during courtship, men issue 'blank cheques'
    婚后男人常给女人“空头支票”。 after marriage, men issue 'bounced cheques'

热恋时,相许下辈子“再结良缘”, during passionate times, there is mutual consideration of entwined fates in future lives
    结婚后,怀疑上辈子“造作孽缘”。 after marriage, there is mutual suspicion of bad karma to each other from previous lives

婚前,谎话都是“情话”, before marriage, all talk is passionate
    after marriage all, passion is empty!
    <<quite a bad translation from me, sorry, i tried my best

I) King Ozymandias of Assyria was running low on cash after years of war with the Hittites. His last great possession was the Star of the Euphrates , the most valuable diamond in the ancient world. Desperate, he went to Croesus, the pawnbroker, to ask for a loan. Croesus said, "I'll give you 100,000 dinars for it." "But I paid a million dinars for it," the King protested. "Don't you know who I am? I am the king!" Croesus replied, "When you wish to pawn a Star, makes no difference who you are."

II) Evidence has been found that William Tell and his family were avid bowlers. Unfortunately, all the Swiss league records were destroyed in a fire, ...and so we'll never know for whom the Tells bowled.

III) A man rushed into a busy doctor's office and shouted, "Doctor! I think I'm shrinking!" The doctor calmly responded, "Now, settle down. You'll just have to be a little patient."

IV) A marine biologist developed a race of genetically engineered dolphins that could live forever if they were fed a steady diet of seagulls. One day, his supply of the birds ran out so he had to go out and trap some more. On the way back, he spied two lions asleep on the road.. Afraid to wake them, he gingerly stepped over them. Immediately, he was arrested and charged with-- transporting gulls across sedate lions for immortal porpoises.

V) Back in the 1800's the Tate's Watch Company of Massachusetts wanted to produce other products, and since they already made the cases for watches, they used them to produce compasses. The new compasses were so bad that people often ended up in Canada or Mexico rather than California . This, of course, is the origin of the expression -- "He who has a Tate's is lost!"

VI) A thief broke into the local police station and stole all the toilets and urinals, leaving no clues. A spokesperson was quoted as saying, "We have absolutely nothing to go on."

VII) An Indian chief was feeling very sick, so he summoned the medicine man. After a brief examination, the medicine man took out a long, thin strip of elk rawhide and gave it to the chief, telling him to bite off, chew, and swallow one inch of the leather every day. After a month, the medicine man returned to see how the chief was feeling. The chief shrugged and said, "The thong is ended, but the malady lingers on."

VIII) A famous Viking explorer returned home from a voyage and found his name missing from the town register. His wife insisted on complaining to the local civic official who apologized profusely saying, "I must have taken Leif off my census."

IX) There were three Indian squaws. One slept on a deer skin, one slept on an elk skin, and the third slept on a hippopotamus skin. All three became pregnant. The first two each had a baby boy. The one who slept on the hippopotamus skin had twin boys. This just goes to prove that...the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides.

X) A skeptical anthropologist was cataloguing South American folk remedies with the assistance of a tribal Medicine Man who indicated that the leaves of a particular fern were a sure cure for any case of constipation. When the anthropologist expressed his doubts, the Medicine Man looked him in the eye and said, "Let me tell you, with fronds like these, you don't need enemas."

If God Had Sent The 10 Commandments To Moses By SMS

1. no1 b4 me. srsly.

2. dnt wrshp pix/idols

3. no omg’s

4. no wrk on w/end (sat 4 now; sun l8r)

5. pos ok – ur m&d r cool

6. dnt kill ppl

7. :-X only w/ m8

8. dnt steal

9. dnt lie re: bf

10. dnt ogle ur bf’s m8. or ox. or dnkey. myob.

M, pls rite on tabs & giv 2 ppl.

ttyl, JHWH.

ps. wwjd?
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom with the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the lastone is a classic!

Don't change horses

until they stop running.

Strike while the

bug is close.

It's always darkest before

Daylight Saving Time.

Never underestimate the power of

You can lead a horse to water but

Don't bite the hand that

looks dirty.

No news is

A miss is as good as a

You can't teach an old dog new

If you lie down with dogs, you'll

stink in the morning.

Love all, trust

The pen is mightier than the

An idle mind is

the best way to relax.

Where there's smoke there's

Happy the bride who

gets all the presents.

A penny saved is

not much.

Two's company, three's

the Musketeers.

Don't put off till tomorrow what

you put on to go to bed.

Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and

you have to blow your nose.

There are none so blind as

Stevie Wonder.

Children should be seen and not

spanked or grounded.

If at first you don't succeed

get new batteries.

You get out of something only what you

see in the picture on the box.

When the blind lead the blind

get out of the way.

A bird in the hand

is going to poop on you.

The WINNER and last one!

Better late than

Job Descriptions.

1. A Project Manager is a person who thinks nine women can deliver a baby in one month.

2. A Construction Manager is one who thinks a single woman can deliver nine babies in one month.

3. An Engineering Manager is a person who thinks they can deliver a baby even if no man or woman is available.

4. A Cost Control Manager is one who asks if the baby is in the budget.

5. An Instrument Engineer is a person who thinks it will take 18 months to deliver a baby.

6. The Client doesn't know why he wanted a baby in the first place.

7. The Structural Engineer is calculating how to produce a bra to support the mothers boob.

8. The Procurement Manager requisitions condoms regardless.

9. The HSE Manager wishes to conduct a full investigation of the 'spill', and orders more condoms.

10. The Planners think they don't need a man or woman; they'll produce a programme and deliverable without anyone's input.

11. The Estimators are determining the cost based on current market demand for the commodity.

12. The Document Control Team doesn't care whether the child is delivered or not, as long as it has a document number.

13. The Quality Manager does not approve of the method used to produce a baby.

14. The Process Engineer has a dozen other methods of producing a baby.

15. The Contract Design Draughtsmen do not care ... they have done their bit, and want a bonus.

16. The Electrical Engineer ... wouldn’t know how to approach a woman in the first place, let alone make her pregnant.

Three Couples .....

Three couples, an elderly couple, a middle aged couple and a young newlywed couple wanted to join a church. The pastor tells them, "We have special requirements for new parishioners. You must abstain from having sex for two weeks."

The couples agreed and came back at the end of two weeks.

The pastor goes to the elderly couple and asks, "Were you able to abstain from sex for the two weeks?"

The old man replies, "No problem at all, Pastor."

"Congratulations! Welcome to the church!" said the pastor.

The pastor goes to the middle aged couple and asks, "Well, were you able to abstain from sex for the two weeks?"

The man replied, "The first week was not too bad. The second week I had to sleep on the couch for a couple of nights but, yes we made it."

"Congratulations! Welcome to the church," said the pastor.

The pastor then goes to the newlywed couple and asks, "Well, were you able to abstain from sex for two weeks?"

"Well Pastor, no, we were not able to go without sex for the two weeks," the young man replied.

"What Happened?" inquired the pastor.

"My wife was reaching for a can of corn on the top shelf and dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was over come with lust and took advantage of her right there."

"You understand of course, this means you will not be welcome in our church," stated the pastor.

"That's OK," said the young man, "We're not welcome at Wal-mart anymore either."

and now something from the Euro-zone:

Some years ago a small rural town in Spain twinned with a similar town in Greece .

The Mayor of the Greek town visited the Spanish town. When he saw the palatial mansion belonging to the Spanish mayor he wondered how he could afford such a house.

The Spaniard said; "You see that bridge over there? The EU gave us a grant to build a two-lane bridge, but by building a single lane bridge with traffic lights at either end this house could be built".

The following year the Spaniard visited the Greek town. He was simply amazed at the Greek Mayor's house, gold taps, marble floors, it was marvellous. When he asked how this could be afforded the Greek said; "You see that bridge over there?"

The Spaniard replied; "No."

A photography-crazy politician named his party "Nikon Go Party".

But to his amazement he found himself contesting in an electorate with another party called "Canon First Party".

There was a boy standing on a corner selling fish.

He was saying, "Dam fish for sale, dam fish for sale."

A preacher walked up and asked why he was calling them dam fish.
    The kid said, "I caught them at the dam, so they're dam fish."

The preacher bought some, took them home and asked his wife to cook the dam fish.

His wife looked at him in bewilderment and said, "Preachers aren't supposed to talk like that."

The preacher explained why they were dam fish, and she agreed to cook them. When dinner was ready and everyone was sitting down, the preacher asked his son to pass him the dam fish.

His son replied, "That's the spirit dad. Pass the f!**_g potatoes!"

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast