Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be careful what you eat - don't gulp

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

You are lucky if you can even eat snack bars.. (my fren attempted twice in different flights, kena stop...)
    Your friend damn suay. He need to hide in toilet to eat.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: Be careful what you eat - don't gulp

Of course you can eat and drink. The airline wishes that passengers buy the food from them, instead of bring their own food. This is a revenue stream for the budget airline. I don't mind if the food that the budget airline sold on board the plane, is reasonably priced and delicious.
    However, if the passenger has unique diet requirements (because they come from UNIQUELY SINGAPORE), then the budget airline has to allow the passengers to eat their own food, if they don't sell matching food. For example, if the diet is:
    1) very strict vegetarian - i.e. even the cooking utensils used to prepare the food must not have touched meat before.
    2) kosher (Jewish) food
    3) Halal food
    4) due to health reason and doctor's orders, cannot eat certain foods
    5) Hindu (no beef)

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Of course you can eat and drink. The airline wishes that passengers buy the food from them, instead of bring their own food. This is a revenue stream for the budget airline. I don't mind if the food that the budget airline sold on board the plane, is reasonably priced and delicious.
    However, if the passenger has unique diet requirements (because they come from UNIQUELY SINGAPORE), then the budget airline has to allow the passengers to eat their own food, if they don't sell matching food. For example, if the diet is:
    1) very strict vegetarian - i.e. even the cooking utensils used to prepare the food must not have touched meat before.
    2) kosher (Jewish) food
    3) Halal food
    5) Hindu (no beef)
    Most budget flights have vegetarian meals served that you can order. And everything is halal/kosher anyway.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Some fast food place ard neighbourhood mostly got flies. I encounter one in my drink n the place is new. Service dropped nvm, food standard also. Maybe ask nea check on them if happens again.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    2) kosher (Jewish) food
    3) Halal food
    5) Hindu (no beef)
    Airlines are usually understanding of medical exceptions. But the passenger will have to produce a medical memo to present to airline to state their case upfront.

Goes the same if you have metal implants from previous surgeries, you need to bring needles for premeal insulin for diabetics etc.

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12