View Poll Results: Which are the more popular Sigma Telezoom lens among?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM

    7 9.09%
  • Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 EX APO HSM

    13 16.88%
  • Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF HSM

    51 66.23%
  • Sigma 50-500mm f4-6.3 EX APO RF HSM

    25 32.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Most Popular Sigma Telezoom Lens?

  1. #1

    Default Most Popular Sigma Telezoom Lens?

    Been wandering which are the more popular sigma telezoom lens:

    1. Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM
    2. Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 EX APO HSM
    3. Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF HSM
    4. Sigma 50-500mm f4-6.3 EX APO RF HSM

    And how good is the Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM?... I'm eyeing this lens particulary...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Been wandering which are the more popular sigma telezoom lens:

    1. Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM
    2. Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 EX APO HSM
    3. Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF HSM
    4. Sigma 50-500mm f4-6.3 EX APO RF HSM

    And how good is the Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM?... I'm eyeing this lens particulary...
    Hi Ross checkout the review at the link stated below

    http://www.photozone.de/bindex2.html

  3. #3
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Definitely the bigma 50-500mm... but i would love to try out the 70-200mm/2.8 one of these days though
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West
    Posts
    143

    Default

    both 70-200 f2.8 and 50-500 are fantastic lenses.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore City, Singapore
    Posts
    917

    Default

    I owed both the Sigma 28-70 EX F2.8 and the 50-500mm... both these lens were great! The sharpness and contrast out of the lens is to my liking!

  6. #6

    Default

    The 120-300 f/2.8 seems to be getting lots of good feedback from users. In fact, may opted for this lens instead of the Canon 300 f/2.8. Of course, the Canon lens cost like twice that of the Sigma lens.

    I checked with CP on the Sigma, and they do not have stock. Seems that it must be ordered from Sigma. I did manage to try the Canon 300 f/2.8. An awesome lens.... I was able to handhold it and take pictures with the IS on.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_ARCHer
    The 120-300 f/2.8 seems to be getting lots of good feedback from users. In fact, may opted for this lens instead of the Canon 300 f/2.8. Of course, the Canon lens cost like twice that of the Sigma lens.

    I checked with CP on the Sigma, and they do not have stock. Seems that it must be ordered from Sigma. I did manage to try the Canon 300 f/2.8. An awesome lens.... I was able to handhold it and take pictures with the IS on.

    The 120-300 is a great lens...I tested once before with stacked TCs...the image quality still pretty sharp....the only complaint if there is any..will be that its..DAMMED HEAVY.. !!!! you need a monopod or a tripod and trying carrying this lens the whole day...you dont have to go gym to train your arm power

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John
    The 120-300 is a great lens...I tested once before with stacked TCs...the image quality still pretty sharp....the only complaint if there is any..will be that its..DAMMED HEAVY.. !!!! you need a monopod or a tripod and trying carrying this lens the whole day...you dont have to go gym to train your arm power
    Yeah. The 120-300 weighs (according to specs from Sigma website) 2.6 kg, and is kind of heavy to handhold for long. However, it isn't that much heavier than say the Canon 300 f/2.8 IS, which is about 2.55 kg (according to Canon). When I was testing out the Canon 300 f/2.8, I find the weight tolerable for handholding.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    In this small world
    Posts
    3,142

    Default

    The 120-300/2.8 is a different beast lah, not for normal users IMHO, more for wildlife or sport photography? Anyway heard that this lense (water goods) can get from HongKong at about SGD$2500++, or SGD$2900 with warranty. Canon's 300/2.8 IS MRSP is $11500 in Singapore leh.... But BHPhoto sells it for about $7000++

  10. #10

    Default

    Still looking at the Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM... Canon doesn't have anything equivalent... just wandering if they will release this range with the same F stop + IS?... tat would be great...

  11. #11

    Default

    If you ask THE MOST POPULAR Sigma Telezoom lens, I'd say 70-300mm f3.5-5.6 I guess this is the most owned Sigma telezoom lens.

    Cheers!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei
    If you ask THE MOST POPULAR Sigma Telezoom lens, I'd say 70-300mm f3.5-5.6 I guess this is the most owned Sigma telezoom lens.

    Cheers!
    Me bad... should be the MORE POPULAR AMONGST...

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    The 120-300/2.8 is a different beast lah, not for normal users IMHO, more for wildlife or sport photography? Anyway heard that this lense (water goods) can get from HongKong at about SGD$2500++, or SGD$2900 with warranty. Canon's 300/2.8 IS MRSP is $11500 in Singapore leh.... But BHPhoto sells it for about $7000++
    CP said the 120-300/2.8 is about "three thousand plus". Like you said, it is a different beast, and is indeed used for both sports and widelife. Too bad it doesn't have IS (or OS, as Sigma would call it), else it will be perfect.

    CP also said that the Canon 300/2.8 IS costs about $7,800. I went over to TCW and saw a 2nd hand one selling for about $4,000. Don't know if this is the older model (w/o IS).

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    If asked to choose among the four stated, my vote would be the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF HSM. No doubt one of the best value for money lenses out there and guaranteed to give the Canon or Nikon 70/80-200mm f2.8 non IS/VR a run for its money. Excellent image quality.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_ARCHer
    CP said the 120-300/2.8 is about "three thousand plus". Like you said, it is a different beast, and is indeed used for both sports and widelife. Too bad it doesn't have IS (or OS, as Sigma would call it), else it will be perfect.

    CP also said that the Canon 300/2.8 IS costs about $7,800. I went over to TCW and saw a 2nd hand one selling for about $4,000. Don't know if this is the older model (w/o IS).
    The Canon 300/2.8 at TCW is a non-IS version. Still on sale at TCW for abt $3,900.

    These lenses are big & brutally heavy but are perfectly suited for sports and other fast moving action in low light levels. Very sharp too and work very well with teleconverters.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    The 120-300/2.8 is a different beast lah, not for normal users IMHO, more for wildlife or sport photography? Anyway heard that this lense (water goods) can get from HongKong at about SGD$2500++, or SGD$2900 with warranty. Canon's 300/2.8 IS MRSP is $11500 in Singapore leh.... But BHPhoto sells it for about $7000++

    Hey..ITguy got lobang for water goods bo ?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    still waiting for pple to sell their sigma 120-300/2.8, no $$ to buy brand new. I dont mind replace my canon 70-200/2.8 for that.

    anyway, I will advise u to get the "Longer Platform Tripod Collar, TS-41 with neck strap" so that u can sling the lens instead of your camera body.

  17. #17

    Default

    Sigma 120-300 F/2.8?... too freaking heavy and expensive...

    Still considering the Sigma 100-300 F/4 instead... anyone wanna sell?...

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    still waiting for pple to sell their sigma 120-300/2.8, no $$ to buy brand new. I dont mind replace my canon 70-200/2.8 for that.

    anyway, I will advise u to get the "Longer Platform Tripod Collar, TS-41 with neck strap" so that u can sling the lens instead of your camera body.

    bo bian leh..hang cheng pai

  19. #19

    Default

    any sample pics for the sigma 70mm - 200mm? how much is it new? a pic speaks a thousand words.

  20. #20
    Moderator Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinvin
    any sample pics for the sigma 70mm - 200mm? how much is it new? a pic speaks a thousand words.


    here's one taken wide open at 2.8, 200mm in VCH
    sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •