Thread: Tripod fancier 531

Default Tripod fancier 531

Hi can someone tell me how good is this brand or model ? Looking for a tripod ?

Default Re: Tripod fancier 531

We have an entire section for tripods and a search function. Help yourself, it's really fast
    EOS

really depends on the gear you're using and the model you're looking at

TS... you need to ask yourself these questions since you do not provide us with any information,

1) What is your gears maximum weight (this would determine what is the maximum load your tripod should be able to take).
    2) What is your budget (for obvious reason)
    3) Is the tripod tall (and short) enough for you (fully extended or at folded height)
    4) What is the genre of photography you are interested in (there are some features in a tripod that is desirable or needed for certain genre)
    5) What is your maximum tolerable weigh for the tripod (you do not want a tripod that you would not bring out of the house because it is too heavy).
    6) The ergonomic of the tripod... and small details (for example, Manfrotto tripods utilize flip lock legs that some swear by it, some cursed and swear at it, while Gitzo uses half twist locking method, where some loved it, some found the design stupid, so it is up to you).

Also a tripod leg is only part of the story, do look into the tripod head too. And there are heaps of them in the market (ballhead, 3D head, panhead, pistol grip ballhead, etc etc) and each type of tripodhead is good for what they are designed for and for different specific genre of photography... by far, the ballhead is the most versatile and common though. Don't think the tripod head is not important, because it is the only thing that attach your camera to the tripod legs, and if the head is not strong enough, you can see your entire gear came crushing down to the ground. Also if the quick release plate that attached your camera to the tripod head is too big, some of the feature (for example rotating screen, swing screen, etc) of your camera cannot be utilized when the plate was on your camera... so do take that into your consideration.

Oh... btw, I hope you know the tripod's spec you are looking at:

Model: WF531
    Folded height: 600mm
    Maximum operating height: 1515mm
    Minimum operating height: 250mm
    Maximum load: 4kg
    Weight: 1.58kg
    Tube diameter: 23mm
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Might want to budget a little bit more for tripod / ballheads etc,
    Since the setup is most likely going to outlast the camera setup.
    Mine is still in service for 5 yrs and counting.

Ryan

I am looking for tripod not too expensive less than 100. Using for my D7000.

Quote Originally Posted by soops View Post
    I am looking for tripod not too expensive less than 100. Using for my D7000.
    Read my post again please.

1) What is your budget
    2) What is your gear (not just your camera body, but lens and accessories such speedlite, battery grips, etc)
    3) What genre of photography are u into
    4) Features in a tripod that you need, like or don't care for.
    5) Weight
    Last edited by rhino123; 18th July 2012 at 01:59 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

It is a good tripod for under $100, i started with that and i am still using it.

My thoughts: you cannot go really low due to central column

It is not that light as it is made of metal (but it is quite sturdy for a body and lens say up to 300mm f4). If you need light tripods try top up more money for carbon fibre ones.

It has 4 sections means you can fold it into reasonably short length for storage but having more sections means the thinnest section legs are thin.

Legs are 180 degree rotatable means you can place your camera upside down for low shots.

The ball head that comes with it is good for body and kit lens... otherwise it is not sturdy enough to hold anything more at say 45 degree angle.

Summary: gd if u are on tight budget and meets basic needs otherwise you need to invest in better tripods.

You can consider sirui and benro models for just over a hundred.

You can also try looking at the BnS section. Here is one that was just posted:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-s...0691t-b00.html

I had bought one from sgcamera buffalo look like fancier.