Thread: Discussion for about speedlite flash

Default Discussion for about speedlite flash

Hi,
    I'm beginner and non-experience in photography field.
    I want to buy the Third Party Speedlite flash gun. but i confused coz one of my friend said Yongnuo 560 EX II is good, another friend said Nissin DI622 Mark II is the best and the shop owner said now they selling Yongnuo 565 Mark II is more then that 2 of flash. whatever I found out from online, Nissin DI866 is the best of all..
    I really cannot make up my mind.
    My budget also under the limit of s$300.
    Dear my senior photographer, please help me to advise which one should I choose?

Thanks & Regards.

Default Re: Discussion for about speedlite flash

Quote Originally Posted by waiphyo2014 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm beginner and non-experience in photography field.
    I want to buy the Third Party Speedlite flash gun. but i confused coz one of my friend said Yongnuo 560 EX II is good, another friend said Nissin DI622 Mark II is the best and the shop owner said now they selling Yongnuo 565 Mark II is more then that 2 of flash. whatever I found out from online, Nissin DI866 is the best of all..
    I really cannot make up my mind.
    My budget also under the limit of s$300.
    Dear my senior photographer, please help me to advise which one should I choose?

Thanks & Regards.
    Based on specs from online reviews, I'll go for the YN-565.

But If I'm not mistaken, most 3rd party flash do not have High Speed Sync (HSS). Which can be a big deal if you intend to shoot portraits in bright daylight.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

Based on specs from online reviews, I'll go for the YN-565.

But If I'm not mistaken, most 3rd party flash do not have High Speed Sync (HSS). Which can be a big deal if you intend to shoot portraits in bright daylight.
    Of all the flashes that TS mentioned, only Di866 II has HSS

I thought we already had quite a few nissin vs. YN flash threads...
    Alpha

I am using a YN565EX and it is adequate. In actual fact it is more than enough for that price... no complain about it

Oh... there are no which one is best and which one came second. If you want the best flash for your camera... go and get one that is your brand... like SB910 for Nikon, 600RT for Canon. Otherwise, it is just... whether the features of the third party flash is enough for you and at what price point.
    Last edited by rhino123; 18th July 2012 at 09:03 AM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Of all the flashes that TS mentioned, only Di866 II has HSS
    Oooo...missed out that liner the first time I saw the specs....Thanks for correction.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

Oooo...missed out that liner the first time I saw the specs....Thanks for correction.
    Haha nothing wrong with what you said, I was just telling TS which model has HSS

If you are are going to be using your flash a lot, and like to be able to change settings on your flash quickly, then I would recommend getting a 2nd hand SB-700. The control layout and UI is far superior to any 3rd party flash out there. 2nd hand price is in the ballpark of the Di-866. I do admit that the graphical interface of the Di-866 is nice and also easy for beginners to navigate but I will take more dedicated buttons and dials any day.

The only drawback that the GN (power) is a bit low, but it should be sufficient for most on-shoe purposes.

Blog Entries

Some people have reported issues with the Di866 and Di622. For TTL speedlites, I still believe in getting original brand.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Some people have reported issues with the Di866 and Di622. For TTL speedlites, I still believe in getting original brand.
    My di866 is strong enough on the GN but always getting "overheat" warning...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    My di866 is strong enough on the GN but always getting "overheat" warning...
    Are you firing Too Fast Too Furious?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Are you firing Too Fast Too Furious?

yes, when every shot needs flash, and very short intervals in between...that's the common "prob" though it's a safety design...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post

yes, when every shot needs flash, and very short intervals in between...that's the common "prob" though it's a safety design...
    Use an external battery pack... it should help with the problem. And you get very fast recycle times too.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo

The solution would be to use a higher iso to reduce the strain on your flash. And be more selective with your shots perhaps .