Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you select AF point for moving object like street performance?

Default Re: Do you select AF point for moving object like street performance?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    It's not easier to focus, it's just that the DOF is so deep that everything will be in focus (if the initial focus is set correctly..)
    Ah, I see what you mean... Thanks for the explanation.
    Nothing great in this world has ever been accomplished without passion
    ~ Hegel (1770 1831)

Default Re: Do you select AF point for moving object like street performance?

just to share, I lent my camera to an acquaintance yesterday for him to test his new lens. As he moved through different AV values from F3.5 to F22 in AV mode, he left the camera setting at F22. I put my lens back on but the AF select was toggled to Manual Focus in the process

This morning I did not notice the AF select and took a few photos of something interesting (snap shot from vehicle) without checking my settings (as I don't usually lend my camera to anyone, I usually expect the camera to be in ready condition. I was mildly shocked at my forgetfulness that I was shooting at F22 and manual focus, meaning I had not really focused on anything when applying first pressure on shutter button, but thankfully due to huge DOF everything relevant was in focus.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12