Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

  1. #1

    Default Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    Recently I purchased an old manual lens from eBay. Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II. Just wondering anybody here know what mount it is so then I can buy the adapter for me to fit into my DSLR

  2. #2
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    Quote Originally Posted by stanley31594 View Post
    Recently I purchased an old manual lens from eBay. Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II. Just wondering anybody here know what mount it is so then I can buy the adapter for me to fit into my DSLR
    It came in a wide number of mount... M42, OM and the such. My own 28mm f2.8 mini wide is of OM mount. Please show a photo of it, so we can better advise you.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  3. #3
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    At meantime, this is the different mounts you will encounter, see which one is yours,


    OM mount,



    M42 mount,



    T-mount,



    Of course there are other mounts available in the market.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    I just saw "For Canon" written on the mount so I went and googled for FD mount and realize its the same mount,hahaha,thanks by the way =)
    So does that mean I have to buy a FD adapter,because previously i thought it was m42 mount so I went and ordered the m42 adapter

  5. #5
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    Quote Originally Posted by stanley31594 View Post
    I just saw "For Canon" written on the mount so I went and googled for FD mount and realize its the same mount,hahaha,thanks by the way =)
    So does that mean I have to buy a FD adapter,because previously i thought it was m42 mount so I went and ordered the m42 adapter
    Guess you have too. But note that FD adapter had a glass element in it... it will degrade the IQ somehow... not really that much though. But one curious note... why do you order an M42 mount? M42 mount are screw mount, different from FD mount, FD mount would resemble more of the OM mount.

    FD mount:

    Last edited by rhino123; 16th July 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    I read from a site that is reviewing this lens saying its M42 mount,so I ordered the M42 adapter before my lens arrived. After arriving,I realized i bought the wrong adapter,hahahaha,is there any shops that sells cheap FD adapter? Sim lim ?

  7. #7
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    Quote Originally Posted by stanley31594 View Post
    I read from a site that is reviewing this lens saying its M42 mount,so I ordered the M42 adapter before my lens arrived. After arriving,I realized i bought the wrong adapter,hahahaha,is there any shops that sells cheap FD adapter? Sim lim ?
    Ebay. Ebay is the answer to all

    Btw... what is your camera brand?

    For FD to EF,

    Macro Canon FD Lens to Canon EOS EF Mount Adapter Ring No Glass For 550D 60D 50D | eBay (no AF confirm chip)

    AF Confirm Canon FD To Canon EOS Lens Mount Adapter Ring 450D 400D 350D 300D | eBay (with AF confirm chip)

    For FD to Nikon,

    Lens Adapter for Canon FD Lens to Nikon Camera (focus to infinity) - Nice Mint-! | eBay

    For FD to m43

    Canon FD Lens To Micro M43 M4/3 Adapter G1 GF1 GF2 GH2 | eBay

    For FD to Sony NEX

    Canon FD Lens to Sony NEX Lens Mount Adapter Ring for NEX-3 NEX-5 | eBay

    For FD to Sony A-mount

    Canon FD Lens to Sony Adapter for A230 A900 A300 A350 | eBay

    For FD to Pentax

    Canon FD mount Lens to Pentax K PK mount adapter K110D K200D K-01 K-7 K-r K-x | eBay
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  8. #8

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    Red Dot Photo has a FD to EF lens adapter

    Red Dot Photo (Singapore) - View Products

  9. #9

    Default Re: Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II what mount?

    Canon =) Thanks for the link by the way ^^

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •