Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macbook pro or windows notebook < 1.5k

Default Re: Macbook pro or windows notebook < 1.5k

u can't get macbook pro with that price. maybe smallest screen macbook air.

PC or MAC? You decide! haha.. personally I luv my Lenovo X series, small and powerful

a 13 inch macbook air will cost you 1650$ ( students discounted price) and a similar form factor and specs like an acer Aspire S5 will cost you 1798$ ( though some retailers may offer it for cheaper unlike apple where the prices are somewhat fixed or unless you use a corporate account or student discount) Software's are available for both in open source and freeware. for the tasks you mention so should not be a problem. do note that the 128gb SSD comes at a price. you pay for the performance and will soon run out of space if you work mainly in raw. so keep around 150 to 200 $ more for an external drive as well.
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

Quote Originally Posted by kane-rulez View Post
    if you did not want it stretched then don't put questions for which you do not want an answer.
    *facepalm*

You're the most anal-retentive person on here. Common sense would dictate that PC would mean a proper PC, not a tablet. Then by your definition he should also look at the iPad. Talk about stretching for an argument, you're like a little kid that absolutely needs to get his way.

Ah, common sense... The rarest commodity on earth.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    Can't decide which to get.
    i never own a mac before, except iphone and ipad.
    Whats the pro and cons ?
    Pros: It's a notebook
    Cons: it's only a notebook
    If there was a distinctive difference in performance in the past it's gone since both use the same Intel platform. The rest is esoteric between disciples following their guru and a few percentages in benchmark tests. Follow the same rule as for camera newbies: get what feels good for you to work with. Check the connections available (or adapters required). If you are used to either one of the platforms just stick with it, there is little advantage on the other pasture. But the road from one to the other might include data conversions, depending on your existing work and file formats used. Finally, a naked machine and a mainstream Linux distribution will yield the same Pros and Cons... but comes cheaper since there is no OS license involved.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    Can't decide which to get.
    i never own a mac before, except iphone and ipad.
    Whats the pro and cons ?
    i was in the same situation as u a couple of months back. i had some very specific needs, which only the macbook pro 13" seemed to fit (fairly high performance, not too big, slim, not too heavy, nice design :P ) - the PC versions of this either had some flaw, or was one of those ultra-portable ones with a tiny SSD instead of a large HDD that i need.. and a weak processor.. so i went for the macbook

after a month or so of using the mac, ive got used to the system fine. and the performance, well...its nothing fantastic. any windows machine that wouldve cost 70% of wat i paid for this wouldve performed as well or better.. the OS is nice, some parts are really slick (multi touch gestures just work so well) - but then again, i see some little things that i really miss in windows, things that seem natural to me.

so basically, my opinion - if u really like the design of the macbook, and u like using the OS (try at the store or a friends?), get urself a macbook pro. otherwise just stick to a windows PC, u cant go wrong there
    Check out my blog: pixelogist.me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12