Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

  1. #21

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran View Post
    Optical is not just visible light. It's ANY light.
    Do a search on the meaning of the word then.

    And whatever, slave flashes are not trigger by infrared!

  2. #22
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji

    So are you saying slave flash trigger by infrared?
    The slave flash can be triggered by using white light from the flash or 980nm infrared light from the su 800.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  3. #23
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji

    Do a search on the meaning of the word then.

    And whatever, slave flashes are not trigger by infrared!
    Please do. It just means any light. Anything to do with photons is an optical phenomenon.

    I use an optical microscope everyday to record cells in ultraviolet, visible and infrared wavelengths. They are all optical wavelengths.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

  4. #24

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    So are you saying slave flash trigger by infrared?
    Yes. That's why on systems that use the pop-up flash to trigger, you can cover the flash with exposed film. The visible light is blocked, but the IR still passes through and triggers the flash.

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    BTW, infrared is light, but infrared is not optical!

    Optical = visible light.
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Do a search on the meaning of the word then.

    And whatever, slave flashes are not trigger by infrared!
    I did.

    Optically - definition of Optically by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

    Definition 5: Using light-sensitive devices.

    In Physics (which we use in photography): 1. (Physics / General Physics) of, relating to, producing, or involving light

    And yes, they are triggered by infrared. Please learn before you post.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 14th July 2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Alpha

  5. #25

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yes. That's why on systems that use the pop-up flash to trigger, you can cover the flash with exposed film. The visible light is blocked, but the IR still passes through and triggers the flash.



    No.



    I did.

    Optically - definition of Optically by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

    Definition 5: Using light-sensitive devices.

    In Physics (which we use in photography): 1. (Physics / General Physics) of, relating to, producing, or involving light

    And yes, they are triggered by infrared. Please learn before you post.
    Thank you for the trouble digging out all these info. Appreciated.

  6. #26

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Can just state your point without making unnecessary remark...
    Not to troll, but would your own remark be un-necessary too ? *scratch head*

    Anyway I had probably taken TS's question literally, without considering wireless modes. Because mounting a compatible flashgun and turning it on on your camera usually defaults the flash to flashgun instead of on board. Hence my answer would have been a valid solution. However, your remark...should be examined in context of ITSELF

    have a great saturday.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  7. #27
    Member kane-rulez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Singapore-
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by uragon82 View Post
    Hi I am using D7000 nikon with SB700 flash, I am new on using flash i just want to ask if how will I fire the flash of my SB700 without firing my built in flash . Using my D7000 only without any trigger?

    thank you very much..
    if you want a video to show you how to do that then use this link.

    Last edited by kane-rulez; 15th July 2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Formatting
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    The D7000 does not have a separate IR emitter, instead it uses the flashes from the pop-up to send the signal. The IR signal is mixed up in the flashes. you can get the SG-31R screen so that the visible light from the flash is blocked while the IR signals pass through the screen. The screen can be bought for cheap.

    Or you can buy the SU800 instead.

  9. #29
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma

    Not to troll, but would your own remark be un-necessary too ? *scratch head*

    Anyway I had probably taken TS's question literally, without considering wireless modes. Because mounting a compatible flashgun and turning it on on your camera usually defaults the flash to flashgun instead of on board. Hence my answer would have been a valid solution. However, your remark...should be examined in context of ITSELF

    have a great saturday.
    Well, my post was as irrelevant as yours, i'll certainly agree to that
    Dude, you're stating the obvious. Not only Canon 'the almighty' implements this feature to prevent the pop-up flash being raised So what's the purpose of the "not to start a __vs __ war" point?
    Exploring! :)

  10. #30

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    because im noob never use Nikon before la. that's why. so I can only share what I know.

    where is the bonk-head smiley...? (please use your imagination since i can't find it)
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uragon82
    Hi I am using D7000 nikon with SB700 flash, I am new on using flash i just want to ask if how will I fire the flash of my SB700 without firing my built in flash . Using my D7000 only without any trigger?

    thank you very much..
    Just slide it into your hotshoe, make sure it has full battery charge, turned on and lock.

  12. #32
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: How to use flash without firing built in flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prajna View Post
    Just slide it into your hotshoe, make sure it has full battery charge, turned on and lock.
    Since TS mentioned the word "trigger", the assumption is that he wants to trigger the Sb700 flash wirelessly, rather than mount it on the camera
    Therefore will require the use of the D7000's pop-up flash, if no other accessories used.
    Exploring! :)

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

    Since TS mentioned the word "trigger", the assumption is that he wants to trigger the Sb700 flash wirelessly, rather than mount it on the camera
    Therefore will require the use of the D7000's pop-up flash, if no other accessories used.
    Sorry man, just trolling. Ttl cable can solve your problem too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •