Thread: Problem using Eye-one Calibration device on IBM laptop

Default Problem using Eye-one Calibration device on IBM laptop

To all who have used this on their laptop, I am having problem calibrating the colour on my IBM T41.

Problem is I can only adjust the colour via the ATI control panel (software) and I think when I adjust the colour, the box where the Eye-one is resting on does not change accordingly... I wonder if this is a software bug.. anyone with any work around?

please check out http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=110070 and see if the problem is similar to yours?

if so, the problem lies with the driver of your graphics card. this seems to be a very common fault among laptops. officially, graphics card manufacturers don't offer support or updates for their mobility versions.

Hmmm I am not sure if the probem is similar... the eye-one calibration device is placed on my LCD screen and the software will locate it and place a white box under it. Normally on LCD monitors, you can change the colour via the hardware and that "white box" changed colour resectively. When I use the ATI software to calibrate, the screen did change color but that white box's colour does not change at all and thus my eye-one cannot calibrate properly..... sianz...

when you use ATI software on an ATI graphics card, of course it will work. but problem occurs when ATI software prevents other software from working with the graphics card.

anyway, i'm really not an expert on this matter. trying downloading the latest drivers (from the links in the thread) and see how it goes~