Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photos?

Default Re: why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photo

I beg to differ.. cam phone is still miles away from a p&s in terms of image. Though I do shoot with cam phones sometimes (see the sig image), the originals were much clearer but I retro it on purpose haha.

Default Re: why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photo

because sometimes shooting with simpler equipment liberates our inner artist more.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Because your camera is not as good as the phone camera that person is using. u need to buy that phone.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    That's sad to hear (I'm sad for the NEX-7).
    why?

that the camera has a newbie owner?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    why?

that the camera has a newbie owner?

No. Because it lost to a phone.

Wait, do they mean the same thing?

No. Because it lost to a phone.

Wait, do they mean the same thing?
    you, my friend, are on the verge of starting a brand war

I think its time for you to discard your nex-7 and use a phone camera. However, do let me know where you throw it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

you, my friend, are on the verge of starting a brand war
    Lol, you didn't get my joke. Nvm. I'm a Sony fan btw
    hi

Lol, you didn't get my joke. Nvm. I'm a Sony fan btw
    FANGIRL FANBOY RAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Because your camera is not as good as the phone camera that person is using. u need to buy that phone.
    i'm using Xperia S... good phone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyChihan View Post
    i'm using Xperia S... good phone
    There is only ONE camera phone to Rule Them ALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Gears plays a big part too. I agreed that the photographer is really important, but sometime without the gear, you just couldn't get the shots. Let just say I hand a VGA camera phone to a professional and ask him/her to shoot sport, while handing a DSLR with the correct lens and equipment to a newbie, who do you think can get the shot out.

Sure the professional might get really good composition, but the clarity and sharpness of the photo might just not cut it. or most of the time the professional might just fail to get the required shot done.
    If you have time, check out "Pro photographer, cheap camera" series on DRTV (Digital Revolution TV youtube channel), where the hosts deliberately surprise and sabotage very established pro photographers by sabo-ing them to shoot with cheap cameras. some aren't even PnS - think Lego cameras, thumb drive cameras, etc.

It is possible to get good shots, just not so easy (and of course the product might not be suitable for professional / commercial work)

a sempai told me:

"buy expensive gear when you produce crap photos, you will get very sharp, crap photos".

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    a sempai told me:

"buy expensive gear when you produce crap photos, you will get very sharp, crap photos".
    "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept", once a saint said.

If you have time, check out "Pro photographer, cheap camera" series on DRTV (Digital Revolution TV youtube channel), where the hosts deliberately surprise and sabotage very established pro photographers by sabo-ing them to shoot with cheap cameras. some aren't even PnS - think Lego cameras, thumb drive cameras, etc.

It is possible to get good shots, just not so easy (and of course the product might not be suitable for professional / commercial work)
    Saw those youtube clips already. I am impress at what a pro-photographers can do with crappy camera. however, it is not accurate to say that gear is not as important. Try taking photos of a faraway bird with a nokia camera phone (VGA camera and not the new Pureview 808) and see if anyone could handle that.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

a sempai told me:

That is wise words. Agreed to them completely. However that is only part of the story... Sometime gears (expensive or cheap or free) are needed for certain shots to work... no choice about it.

It is like, if a crappy photographer shooting wild life with extremely expensive gear, he/she can get the shot, but that shot lack the composition to make it interesting, while a good photographer with a second rated gear and equipment (that could still essentially achieve the range and other aspect for the shot) could get a shot that are far more interesting. However it is not accurate if a crappy photographer shooting wildlife with the same expensive gear versus a good photographer trying to shoot the same animal using a VGA phone camera with no zoom.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Saw those youtube clips already. I am impress at what a pro-photographers can do with crappy camera. however, it is not accurate to say that gear is not as important. Try taking photos of a faraway bird with a nokia camera phone (VGA camera and not the new Pureview 808) and see if anyone could handle that.
    of course, not asking anyone to do the unfeasible. it is as good as trying to cook a 10 course meal (will soon become 10000 curse-meal with a lot of swearing), while using the heat from a candle - burning at 1 km away from the kitchen.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12