Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photos?

Default why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photos?

as above. why ah?

Default Re: why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photo

seriously?

Because you captured the right moment and normally we are more creative with shooting from different angle with a small cam.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Default Re: why do sometimes phone photos look nicer than my more "professional" camera photo

Because the phone is in auto mode all the time

Blog Entries

the difference is probably the person behind the cameras.

You see who is behind the camera?
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyChihan View Post
    as above. why ah?
    yeah, yeah, yeah, any ah beng ah seng take better better photos with "professional" cameras.

with "professional" cameras, all are camera-man liao.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

better light.. or maybe...because the phone have more apps for you to edit the photo..
    Unless you're talking about non edited and taken under same situation. Then we have a problem.. or rather..you have a problem

Define $nicer. Ponder about the purpose and functions of DSLR versus handphone with instagram app (or similar).
    EOS

The equip is only as good as it's wielder

Sometimes a phone is handier when trying to get a creative angle too.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

check out ortega moderator 's iphone photo thread. I will be hard pressed to present compositions of similar quality!

it's never the gear, it's the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

it's never the gear, it's the photographer.
    Gears plays a big part too. I agreed that the photographer is really important, but sometime without the gear, you just couldn't get the shots. Let just say I hand a VGA camera phone to a professional and ask him/her to shoot sport, while handing a DSLR with the correct lens and equipment to a newbie, who do you think can get the shot out.

Sure the professional might get really good composition, but the clarity and sharpness of the photo might just not cut it. or most of the time the professional might just fail to get the required shot done.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyChihan View Post
    as above. why ah?
    Because you are inside and you are beautiful.

you never elaborate exactly why more beautiful? if more colorful, saturated, etc its because consumer equips give it a boost to suit consumer taste, and as for pro equips perhaps you prefer more saturated looks rather than dslr. And it could also mean that its time to learn more on DSLRs and make it work for you
    Last edited by dennisc; 12th July 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyChihan
    as above. why ah?
    The simple and only answer to this question is simply, "It's the photographer who create the picture, not the camera, be it residing within a phone or stand-alone". A "can't paint for nuts" can go to a specialty Artist Supply shop and buy a very, very expansive and pretty looking brush while a gifted art student in Myanmar can drop by his/her neighborhood general supply store and buy a cheap locally produced "Chinese ink" brush costing just a few kyats to paint a picture each, chances are the gifted art student will produce a much pleasing looking painting than the former.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    you never elaborate exactly why more beautiful? if more colorful, saturated, etc its because consumer equips give it a boost to suit consumer taste, and as for pro equips perhaps you prefer more saturated looks rather than dslr. And it could also mean that its time to learn more on DSLRs and make it work for you
    but i don't have a DSLR. i only have the NEX-7...

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Because you are inside and you are beautiful.
    ??? i don't take self-pic >.<

Cos it's not a NEX-5N:

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyChihan

but i don't have a DSLR. i only have the NEX-7...
    That's sad to hear (I'm sad for the NEX-7).

But then again, I know when phone camera is good. Close-ups under good light due to small MFD.

Nowadays phone camera softwares, be it stock app or instagram etc, are v good n is on par with dslr in terms of image rendering. So the main diff is just sensor size n hardware. When you overcome sensor size limitation with good light, comparable image can be obtained.
    hi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast