Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copyright a photograph composition

Default Re: Copyright a photograph composition

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Blindfolded and wielding a sword is quite dangerous. Especially when also carrying a weighing scale, donno for what, go market buy things?
    Meaning of this modern version :
    The blindfold is so that she doesn't care who is being served as all are the same to her.
    The weighing scale is to signify that justice will be meted out equally and no tilt in the balance of favors.
    The sword means if you disagree to whats been handed to you by means of judgement then the sword is going up your Ar$e
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

Quote Originally Posted by kane-rulez

Meaning of this modern version :
    The blindfold is so that she doesn't care who is being served as all are the same to her.
    The weighing scale is to signify that justice will be meted out equally and no tilt in the balance of favors.
    The sword means if you disagree to whats been handed to you by means of judgement then the sword is going up your Ar$e
    Lady justice statue is not always depicted with blindfolded in some countries or courts..

But I guess the blindfold can be explained eitherways..

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Lady justice statue is not always depicted with blindfolded in some countries or courts..

But I guess the blindfold can be explained eitherways..
    you mean some convicts stole her blindfold also ... what has this world come to.
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

I am going to pattern the way I fart.....thereafter.....everyone who fart must pay me

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    I am going to pattern the way I fart.....thereafter.....everyone who fart must pay me
    Only if it is in the same pattern. And you have to prove it in court. Maybe the others farts won't be as "cool" as yours. :-P
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Aiya... If someone think your image is so darn good, let them copy lor... Chances it is going to look half decent passing of as a real thing.

People who steal or copy has no backbones and aren't fit to be taken too seriously. See how long they last...

The issue with copyright and things like that is complex and costly if any party want to sue. There are a lot of things to consider.

At the end of the day, it is a commercial decision rather the right or wrong type of thing.

For example, if u want to establish if product A is too similar, the "market research" alone will cause abt $40-$50k then plus lawyer fees... So before it even go to court, it will be lots of money involves. Sure, if u have the money to pursue for whatever reason.

At the end, win or lose, think the lawyers are the winners right? No offence to the lawyers but just how things works.

Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Aiya... If someone think your image is so darn good, let them copy lor... Chances it is going to look half decent passing of as a real thing.

People who steal or copy has no backbones and aren't fit to be taken too seriously. See how long they last...

The issue with copyright and things like that is complex and costly if any party want to sue. There are a lot of things to consider.

At the end of the day, it is a commercial decision rather the right or wrong type of thing.

For example, if u want to establish if product A is too similar, the "market research" alone will cause abt $40-$50k then plus lawyer fees... So before it even go to court, it will be lots of money involves. Sure, if u have the money to pursue for whatever reason.

At the end, win or lose, think the lawyers are the winners right? No offence to the lawyers but just how things works.

Hart
    yo Hart, it is not TS want to claim copyrights thingy,

I believe is someone who going around claiming to be the "Original Composer" of many photos.

anyway, how would you feel and what would you do if somebody telling you that you had copy his idea of the composition of many photos, want you to give credit to this person of using his original idea of composition?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

ridiculous and definitely worth a good laugh.

very curious, who is the 'grandmaster' of all these compositions and copyright owner?????
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    yo Hart, it is not TS want to claim copyrights thingy,

I believe is someone who going around claiming to be the "Original Composer" of many photos.

anyway, how would you feel and what would you do if somebody telling you that you had copy his idea of the composition of many photos, want you to give credit to this person of using his original idea of composition?
    Ok... I will just feel the other person is an idiot and move on. The copy cat will never go very far and always several steps behind the original...

That's why, for work images, I don't post something that is at least 3-6 months old and well, I have seen a lot of "Tomato inspired" pictures over the years locally, that's why it keep me creating for more.

At the end of the day, it is still a business decision for me.

I couldn't care less about what others want to do as long as I stay true to my own set of values... What people want to do is none of my business to be honest.

Hart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12