Thread: I need help with my pc

Default I need help with my pc

Hi Guys/Gals,
    My pc has been shutting down by itself a lot of times. Then a blue screen appears with the ff messege
    "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer. In particular, run a memory check and check for faulty or mismatched memory. Try changing video adapters.

Disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers. Disable or remove and newly installed software..."

This has happened to my pc months back until finally it crashed. Went to the service center in November and they replaced the hard disk. Probably all that shutdown and reboot damaged the HD. Now, it's happening again.

Everytime I boot up this problem happens. Sometimes 3 to 5 times in a row. It only stops when I manage to do a system restore. But when I boot up again the next day it happens again.

I don't have a virus in my pc and I don't think I have a harmful software installed. Do I need to expand my RAM or something?

Is there a shop who can fix this problem? I don't trust the Packard Bell Service Center.

happen to me B4..either memory card spoil or yur CPU fan stop spinning...
    but check yur CPU fan first....HAPPY TRYING...

it will help if you give some info on your system detail e.g. motherboard, ram, harddisk, bios, etc.....

also can post on hardwarezone...there's more experts there...

"blue screen of death" is a terrible experience......

Oh no. I don't even know how to open my PC.

I try looking for documentation about the system.

Quote Originally Posted by dzulhjdzaid
    happen to me B4..either memory card spoil or yur CPU fan stop spinning...
    but check yur CPU fan first....HAPPY TRYING...
    Memory Card. I suspect as much. Read it somewhere. Why packard bell service center never looked into this?

Know any shops that can do this for me, check fan, replace memory card?

Got this from the flier:

- 1.8 GHz Inter Pentium 4
    - 448 MB DDR RAM (PC 266)
    - SiS650 onboard graphic chipset
    Max 64MB DDR 266MHz Video Memory

dont know were to get BIOS info

possibility:
    i) your powersupply is dying
    ii) your CPU fan is not working, hence when CPU gets too hot, it will shutdown
    iii) ??

Sim Lim Square, 5/6 floor there's some repair shops....or ST classified section, there are guys that come to your place to repair also....

but post on hardwarezone first would be your best bet.....
    try here

good luck...

What I would suggest to you here is try to backup ALL your data first. I think I saw this message quite often before my HD crashed... (I lost al my 13G data plus some other data on my second HD)

Just be prepared and back up all the data!!! I dun want my bad experience to happen again on you.

No matter what has gone wrong, the fact is, something went wrong and this may lead to a possibility of HD crash.

My opinion.

Hi All,
    Thanks for the advice. And a special thanks to a fellow Snapper who went thru the trouble to come to my house and help.
    CPU fan is ok. Ran a diagnostics check on the RAM, ok too. So we changed the power supply. Hope this would solve the problem. PC now under observation.