Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where in SIN would you bring your foreign friends?

you can also bring them to the alternative zoo we have....

like changi village at nite... just go round the car park... it's free somemore hahaha

plus point... the food there is not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    showed my jap friend around singapore and she likes
    1. little india
    2. pulau ubin
    3. kelong
    4. arts performances
    5. museums
    6. sungei buloh

by the way, the first thing my friend said when she saw the sentosa beach is "looks so fake!!!". bring them to a kelong to relax for a couple of days. its relaxing and they dont have kelongs in japan...
    yo GSDNP... how to get to a kelong huh? ... i've never been to a kelong in Singapore myself!

Default Seafood Dinner @ P. Ubin

Try this

PM for rest name & contact number

Quote Originally Posted by napier
    Try this

PM for rest name & contact number
    you got a PM!

At nite can cheong geylang to eat chicken noodle.
    Alot of foreigner like to experience the real thing and feel the local culture more. Beside tourist spot, bring them near to our living etc. Can try curry chicken at ColBar too. Many Singaporean dun even know that place.
    -

-
    Article from Straitstime

Fisherman village for beer and seafood during sunset oso not bad.
    Last edited by whoelse; 22nd January 2005 at 05:33 PM.

geylang, desker, petain, keong siak, changi village

Quote Originally Posted by F5user
    Also have chicken noodle there?

japanese? hmm..last time my japanese friend came to singapore, she stayed at my place...at nite when she open the window and saw the lights in the hdb flats she just went dazed..and said it was beautiful. i think we took all these for granted?

i would also suggest nite safari..the japanese quite like it.

Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by F5user
    Hello....his friends are gals lar.... Well Geylang ain't bad though coz its got many kopitams serving yummy fare...

Seafood dinner at Pulau Ubin would be a good choice, maybe can bring them there in the daytime and go cycling first, then go for dinner. The ambience of eating by the seaside and the laid-back kampung feel is great.

Blog Entries

send them to a spa after a hard day of shopping and sightseeing? lots of very good ones in town and not Ex ($80-150 )

Trishaw ride around Little India?

Reverse Bungee at Clark Quay?

Singapore Art Museum?

Zouk?

Old Airport Road Food Centre!

Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Hello....his friends are gals lar....
    ooo… organise model shoot!

thanks guys at first i had no idea where to bring them, now i have so many ideas

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by lumen
    yo GSDNP... how to get to a kelong huh? ... i've never been to a kelong in Singapore myself!
    I brought my friend to one in Bintan.. Cant remember the company that organise the trip but its quite worth it.. will help u find out more..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

my german female penfriend is coming in mid feb, thats somewhat after CNY...so more or less a more relaxed CNY feeling...~

i be bringing her to sentosa as well...but reading from here i really considering again if to cancel it and go somewhere else....yeah it is v true that it looks so fake.

i am bringing my friend to my sec sch in amk, den northwards till bukit gombak...got chinese garden, haw par villa, zouk, chinatown, little india, singapore history museum...toa payoh, sengkang LRT

i want to bring her to those kelongs, chicken/fish farms....i know of this farmmart, but farmmart itself also quite commercialized...

she asked for chinese opera, but macham any opera singers want to work OT in the CNY month?

Phildate
    Guests

Drinks at NewAsia bar, floor 71 of Swissotel. Then Raffles Hotel Long Bar for another before walking to Boat Quay for dinner. They'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    Drinks at NewAsia bar, floor 71 of Swissotel. Then Raffles Hotel Long Bar for another before walking to Boat Quay for dinner. They'll love it!
    that's a good idea...

nice view, especially at night with the city lights and all. it should impress them. (if the lights from hdb flats are impressive, think abt this view. )

ask your friend to pick the locations from this link

http://app.www.sg/directory.asp?type=Play&id=12
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by lumen
    Hi guys,

This is a totally irrelevant question and has nothing to do with photography

Ok, I have two foreign friends who would be coming down next week to Singapore... I promised them last year if they came, I would bring them around Singapore. Now, one of them came to Singapore a couple of times, whereas the other friend has not.

Ahhh, the question is... where in SIN would you bring them?? I could only think about the boring old places like Orchard Road lah, Zoo lah, etc *yawn*

Oh the other thing is they only have the whole afternoon and evening with me before they take a flt back (they are here on business trip so hence the tight schedule... managed to squeeze some time after they finished their business )

Any interesting ideas?

think singapore is also famous for our housing estate... can just show them around our HDB estate... for example the newly developed Seng Kang area, the design of flats there are new and very colourful...
    humm can hv a tour with LRT ride somemore

just a suggestion

hey guys, brought my jap frens around yesterday.

i think girls will be girls... they went absolutely ecstatic just shopping around Orchard. I intended Orchard to be a 1-2hr stop.... ... we ended up at Orchard practically the whole day hahaha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast