Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 157

Thread: a solo holiday

  1. #61
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,565

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    2K.... hmmm.... Go HK and BBB CZ lenses!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  2. #62
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten
    2K.... hmmm.... Go HK and BBB CZ lenses!
    I think people already got the whole range already la...
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,357

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Donate the $2,000 to child school pocket money fund. Go National Library. Borrow 5 travel books on Perth, Melbourne, Kyoto, Osaka and Taiwan. Stay home + read.

  4. #64
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Shizuoka prefecture is having a quiz with trip as the prize, search for their Facebook page

  5. #65
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,565

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I think people already got the whole range already la...
    NO WONDER I still can't go for holiday lah! I still don't have the full range!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 9th July 2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,140

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    NO WONDER can go for holiday lah!
    No wonder go solo cause can .... haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #67

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Shizuoka prefecture is having a quiz with trip as the prize, search for their Facebook page
    boss, is it this one? Shizuoka Prefectural Government | Facebook

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    I think people already got the whole range already la...
    since when?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    No wonder go solo cause can .... haha!
    WHAT? i need a break from making coffee. that's all

  8. #68
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,784

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    I'll definitely remove Perth and go to Melbourne.

  9. #69
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,565

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Pssst! I heard Ben Kawan-Kawan Solo is giving away free Strawberry Shortcakes for anyone who is going away on a SOLO vacation. The only caveat is that you must really travel solo, no smuggling anyone in the luggage, or else the they will make you cough it out when you come back...

    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,140

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Kei, go solo is not a problem but it will be more tiring and for safety concern, it's best to ask someone to tag along. Not to curse you but nowadays everywhere quite dangerous. Suggest you over there, book a package n so, got guide for you. Be safe than sorry, right?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  11. #71

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Kei, go solo is not a problem but it will be more tiring and for safety concern, it's best to ask someone to tag along. Not to curse you but nowadays everywhere quite dangerous. Suggest you over there, book a package n so, got guide for you. Be safe than sorry, right?
    the reason why i'm going solo is because i'm going there to commit suicide and never come back to singapore

    ok kidding.

    i'm taking a break from people who know me

  12. #72
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I'll definitely remove Perth and go to Melbourne.
    This is Perth:



    And this is Melbourne:



    Guess where Kei is going?

  13. #73

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    This is Perth:



    And this is Melbourne:



    Guess where Kei is going?
    BOTH ARE CHINA! Sion don't bluff me!

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,140

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    No wonder some 70-200mm F2.8, 135mm F1.8, 16-35mm F2.8 etc.. gone from BnS section. Must be kei brought it! Maybe he got a 300mm F2.8 or 500mm F4 liao.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM
    No wonder some 70-200mm F2.8, 135mm F1.8, 16-35mm F2.8 etc.. gone from BnS section. Must be kei brought it! Maybe he got a 300mm F2.8 or 500mm F4 liao.
    i'm just a poor barista. How could i afford such lenses?

  16. #76
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    sorry, this one, if you win you will get air ticket and some spending money, good luck!
    Don't forget to like the page first

    https://www.facebook.com/Shizuoka.Home.of.Mt.Fuji
    Last edited by ortega; 10th July 2012 at 12:01 PM.

  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,316

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    If going Japan, may I suggest Kyushu? From Fukuoka, you can transit to Kagoshima, Kumamoto and Miyazaki. Very rustic feeling in the countryside, quite different from the bigger cities in Japan.You might be interest in doing a railway tour, very popular in Korea and Japan amongst their domestic tourists, can find suggested itinerary online quite easily.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,607

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    If going Japan, may I suggest Kyushu? From Fukuoka, you can transit to Kagoshima, Kumamoto and Miyazaki. Very rustic feeling in the countryside, quite different from the bigger cities in Japan.You might be interest in doing a railway tour, very popular in Korea and Japan amongst their domestic tourists, can find suggested itinerary online quite easily.
    What about going to Fukushima to help with the restoration?

  19. #79

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Myanmar. Go from Yangon, take river boat, go Pagan then Mandalay & back. Visit the temples, understand the lifestyle of monks there & you'll come back a little changed
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

  20. #80

    Default Re: a solo holiday

    Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    Myanmar. Go from Yangon, take river boat, go Pagan then Mandalay & back. Visit the temples, understand the lifestyle of monks there & you'll come back a little changed
    erm... firstly i'm not buddhist...

    and secondly... i don't want to learn how to be a monk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •