Thread: Goodbye..

Default Goodbye..

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

1. Lighting balance, composition, B&W conversion
    2. Showing subject walking into the sunlight, but balancing the brightness of subject and surrounding.
    3. Took this when in Australia for my vacation. My friend was walking up the steps and I took a quick snap of this scene as the sun was shining brightly and could see some rays peering in between the leaves and branches.
    4. This turned out to be one of my favourite pictures of my vacation although its rather non-related. I somehow like the overall mood and feel of this picture but as I didn't have a concept or aim in mind at that time, its rather difficult for me to pan out a (proper) title or description.

Default Re: Goodbye..

i like the picture. think it should be called " Stairway to heaven"
    [Nikon-D7000|Manfrotto 055XPROB, Gitzo 275 BH| Nikon-AF 50 f1.4D| Nikon-SB600]

i love the framing and the streak of light
    - maybe have a better contrast of the subject so it will stand out in the b/w.

Thanks guys for the comments, I'll try to play around to see how I can have more separation of the subject

love the mood of the photo. very emo haha

So amazing! What a terrorible!

Quote Originally Posted by Raied View Post
    its rather difficult for me to pan out a (proper) title or description.
    How about "Towards the Light"?

Nice shot.

nice dramatic photo u got...

great subject and lighting...as others have suggested, can try adjusting contrast and backlight correction to improve the b&w tones in the photo.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

I think..show more light or details on the steps will be better.
    Nonetheless.. its still a great pic.

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    great subject and lighting...as others have suggested, can try adjusting contrast and backlight correction to improve the b&w tones in the photo.
    mm very nice, thank you! I tried to play with the contrast but couldnt really get the subject to stand out like that

nice one... posted is good as well.. the dreamy effect from overall brightness works for me..

I think the title goes very well with the amount of separation between subject and background. The fact that I have to struggle to see the outline of the subject adds to the feeling that the subject is leaving... I like this!

This is a fantastic shot, Led zeppelin will probably buy for his front cover.

I personally feel the original is better though, the feel is darker.

More importantly, the glint on the stairs is not so strong as to take away focus/distract..maybe that part can be masked out more.

great edit, the contrast made the photo more painting, and poetic, adding on to the mood of the photo!
    the original photo framing is very nice, could be better if the photo is shifted a little to the left so the girl is in middle of frame!

Nice !! It look like some sort of fashion poster. I think you can open up some detail of the girl cos I cannot really see her right leg. From a glare, i though she has only one leg. Overall, I really like this image