Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dslr sling strap

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dslr sling strap

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I'm currently using a knock_off rapid strap, quick strap, so far so good. Cost about 30 bucks...
    I almost bought the double quick strap for 2 cameras in China... it was selling for around $30...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I almost bought the double quick strap for 2 cameras in China... it was selling for around $30...
    Well, bought mine from online...and didn't have a need for the double quick strap since I only have 1 camera.. But for the price vs the orignal ones ($~30 vs $100~), I would say this works pretty well for me. having used it for 6-8 months, so far no complaints...*touchwood*
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

PMed you. But just keep in mind that this is afterall still a knockoff design of Black Rapid or other sling strap systems.
    Be careful of knockoffs.

As there is only one secured connection, anything can happen.

I'm curious more on the why than the what.

how to rationalize buying a camera strap? or why need?

Luma Labs — Cinch

Another consideration

I have been using my $30 quick strap for two years now, so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by TigerOyster View Post
    Luma Labs — Cinch

Another consideration
    This look promising. Anyone tried, kind enough to share your feedback :-)

Quote Originally Posted by weiii

This look promising. Anyone tried, kind enough to share your feedback :-)
    I like the cinch video, just that it has 2 connection points. Will that be inconvenient ?

Otherwise I like it, some feedback is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    I like the cinch video, just that it has 2 connection points. Will that be inconvenient ?

Otherwise I like it, some feedback is much appreciated.
    It works in almost the same theory as your normal camera strap except that one of the connection point is at the tripod mount area. The only thing I would find inconvient was that I always had to remove the screw at the bottom when I wanted to mount my camera to the tripod.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

I am using the Custom SLR glide strap with C-Loop.

I went to ask the camera shop people which 1 to get... they recommend me Custom SLR glide strap over the Black Rapid, reason cause its very comfortable, stretchable material so can make you camera feels lighter, also cause of the C-Loop tripod mount can swivel, so reduce the risk of your mount getting loose and drop your camera~
    Last edited by blazin; 14th July 2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Canon EOS 7D | 15-85mm | 50mm f1.8 | Sigma 35mm f1.4 A | 580 EXII

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    I'm curious more on the why than the what.

how to rationalize buying a camera strap? or why need?
    Well, a camera strap is a rather personal preference. Depends on how you like to shoot. If you've been shooting in many situations, you might find that it's convenient to have this type of "sling strap" rather than the default neck strap, or you might like hand straps instead. For me, I'm looking to buy one too because when I'm walking around shooting cosplayers, I usually hold the flash in one hand and shoot with another, so at times I have to let my camera dangle to operate my flash, change settings, or adjust my shoot-through umbrella etc. And especially with long or heavier lenses, to let it dangle around your neck is rather uncomfortable. To dangle it on your shoulder is rather insecure. To wrap it around your hand like a hand strap, makes it impossible for you to put it down if you need another hand free. And when you turn the camera to do potraits, sometimes, the neck strap does get in the way of your viewfinder.

So these are the reasons that I'm looking for a shoulder sling strap (that can slide preferably. Looks like I'll be taking a Black Rapid).

Question to others though, what's the liklihood of such a strap breaking at any point and causing your camera to land on the ground? I definitely am very worried about that...
    I see it's a good idea to make a secondary attachment as a backup in case, if that's the case, is it worth paying so much for the more reputable brands?
    (Do note that I'm intending to get a sling that allows the camera to slide, so camdapter is out of the question)
    EOS 7D, EOS 450D | 10-22, 17-55, 70-200 F4 IS | YN465, YN560 II
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    I am using the Custom SLR glide strap with C-Loop.

I went to ask the camera shop people which 1 to get... they recommend me Custom SLR glide strap over the Black Rapid, reason cause its very comfortable, stretchable material so can make you camera feels lighter, also cause of the C-Loop tripod mount can swivel, so reduce the risk of your mount getting loose and drop your camera~
    I looked at the C-strap before I bought my BRapid. I ended up getting the Brapid as it lets me mount through an arca swiss or manfrotto compatible plate thereby not forcing me to remove it when i need to mount on tripod.

Btw, the BRapid loop swivels too.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

I want a BR that can shorten like the cinch.

Anyone know about Caden strap?

It looks the same as BR, but cheaper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Anyone know about Caden strap?

It looks the same as BR, but cheaper
    Another knock off from China... like the Quick Strap. Hope it doesn't break and let your equipment that cost thousands fall to the ground. Do note metal doesn't mean it is strong and good... lousy quality alloy has been known to fragile and break suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Another knock off from China... like the Quick Strap. Hope it doesn't break and let your equipment that cost thousands fall to the ground. Do note metal doesn't mean it is strong and good... lousy quality alloy has been known to fragile and break suddenly.
    Given that my cam cost me thousand over dollars, I think I would rather spend on a quality strap than to save a few dollars.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    $124 for a strap?!
    Premium price gives you premium comfort. Premium comfort comes with a premium price.
    D200

Quote Originally Posted by blive

Given that my cam cost me thousand over dollars, I think I would rather spend on a quality strap than to save a few dollars.
    I just saw another RS look alike. It's the Matin brand.

Anyone know about it? I saw it selling for $59

Currently using the sun sniper pro strap for a few months now, so far so good. Walked with it on for a good 2 weeks now in Europe. No loosening or whatever. I've attached a failsafe though for a peace of mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88

I just saw another RS look alike. It's the Matin brand.

Anyone know about it? I saw it selling for $59

http://www.ebay.com/itm/matin-NEOPRE...item3f17a9cf36

Happened to see this Matin.

The attachment is at the side of camera. Looks like this is fool proof?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast