Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dslr sling strap

Default Re: Dslr sling strap

Curious. People using the BlackRapid.. dont you find the strap alittle too long? The camera n lens aLways hitting your waist as you walk around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus7 View Post
    Hi daredevil123,just wondering how much the Camdaptor sling strap cost & where can I get it.Thanx bro!
    You can only get it online.. Camdapter - The Shoulder Strap

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    $124 for a strap?!
    Yup. It's no typo Now perhaps if I were to choose a strap all over again, I would still go for the RS-Sport. However, I might buy it used.

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Curious. People using the BlackRapid.. dont you find the strap alittle too long? The camera n lens aLways hitting your waist as you walk around.
    The length of the strap is actually adjustable to your own personal preferences. Moreover, there are 2 stoppers that hold the camera in your intended position.
    Last edited by calvinistguy; 9th July 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinistguy View Post
    Yup. It's no typo Now perhaps if I were to choose a strap all over again, I would still go for the RS-Sport. However, I might buy it used.

The length of the strap is actually adjustable to your own personable preferences. Moreover, there are 2 stoppers that holds the camera in your intended position.
    oh..then thats fine.. shall look into it more only when i got my DSLR
    Thanks for prompt reply.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario

$124 for a strap?!
    LOL I can almost see you going pale.

LOL.. for a strap at that price for a start is a little.. WOW!

I'm thinking of getting a RS-7.. wonder if it's really that good like what people said... Hmm.... heard it's $95?

I got my first black rapid sport a while back. Brought it to trek (bout 4500m high) in sub zero temp, with all my gear etc and it still holds well and sturdy.

Despite the high price, nvr regretted getting it.
    Although I bought it during promo pricing.

Highly recommend it to all my friends )

I'm currently using a knock_off rapid strap, quick strap, so far so good. Cost about 30 bucks...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    LOL I can almost see you going pale.
    When I first got my Black rapid, back then, it cost me $67... and it came with connectR-2 and FastenR-2 too

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

When I first got my Black rapid, back then, it cost me $67... and it came with connectR-2 and FastenR-2 too
    Wow that's a good deal. The time I bought my RS-4 it was already going for $80-90, I think. Then I bought extra FastnRs and that expensive FR-T1 for my tripod. Also bought an OpTech connector for fail-safe. The whole thing must have set me back around $150 lol.

Now I'm back to basics and settled for slightly normal straps. Lovin my ninja straps right now. Very cheap ($21) and does the job just the same.
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 9th July 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow that's a good deal. The time I bought my RS-4 it was already going for $80-90, I think. Then I bought extra FastnRs and that expensive FR-T1 for my tripod. Also bought an OpTech connector for fail-safe. The whole thing must have set me back around $150 lol.

Now I'm back to basics and settled for slightly normal straps. Lovin my ninja straps right now. Very cheap ($21) and does the job just the same.
    Mine was the orginal RS1, but since the RS4 came in, Cathay were selling them off cheap, and at the same time upgraded the hardware to version 2... which is very close to the current version actually.

Cheap... but I sold it for $50 after a year, after this happened... Thank God for GGS!

Last edited by daredevil123; 9th July 2012 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Mine was the orginal RS1, but since the RS4 came in, Cathay were selling them off cheap, and at the same time upgraded the hardware to version 2... which is very close to the current version actually.

Cheap... but I sold it for $50, after this happened... Thank God for GGS!
    Ouch!!! Thanks to GGS indeed.

While we're on this topic, my friend (also a BlackRapid-type strap user) had it worse. He dropped his A700 camera while covering a wedding. His 70-200mm f2.8 was fine but believe you me the whole camera mount came off together with the lens. Never even thought that was possible lol.

EDIT:
    Just something to back my story up.

Last edited by digitalpimp; 9th July 2012 at 11:50 PM.

Custom SLR | Innovative Camera Gear

Got this strap. Highly recommended. Retail at $88 at TK Foto.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
    Custom SLR | Innovative Camera Gear

Got this strap. Highly recommended. Retail at $88 at TK Foto.
    I was also looking at those at TK. Looks promising. Have you seen the video where they used the C-loop to pull a pick-up truck?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I'm currently using a knock_off rapid strap, quick strap, so far so good. Cost about 30 bucks...
    Good price, Where did u get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp

I was also looking at those at TK. Looks promising. Have you seen the video where they used the C-loop to pull a pick-up truck?
    Yup. Looks legit. I've been using this strap for a month plus and I never regret getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by nedy77 View Post
    Good price, Where did u get it from?
    PMed you. But just keep in mind that this is afterall still a knockoff design of Black Rapid or other sling strap systems.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Ouch!!! Thanks to GGS indeed.

While we're on this topic, my friend (also a BlackRapid-type strap user) had it worse. He dropped his A700 camera while covering a wedding. His 70-200mm f2.8 was fine but believe you me the whole camera mount came off together with the lens. Never even thought that was possible lol.

EDIT:
    Just something to back my story up.
    Hmm... since your friend mentioned the quickstrap, I assume he is referring to the Q strap, otherwise known as the Quick Strap (see http://www.qstrap.co.uk)?

From your friend's story, I can't exactly tell what happened to the screw. It could be that the screw itself broke due to a manufacturing defect. This is possible although it seems rather unlikely to me.

I am guessing the more likely scenario is that the screw wasn't screwed on tightly to the camera's tripod socket, and it became loosened over time. That probably caused the unfortunate accident.

According to the company's website, the company acknowledged a design defect and sought to rectify it: "The L-plates on our recent batch has a thread depth of 7mm which is affecting a portion of users who are finding it hard to fully tighten. As a precaution we are swapping or adding a washer to the L-plates on all new orders" (see Single Q Strap - quick strap - £19.95).

Blog Entries

well whatever the case, i strongly recommend adding a fail-safe when using any Black Rapid type straps.

Here is a look at mine when I was still using BlackRapid.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast