Thread: Looking for travel kakis: 香格里拉-稻城-亚丁-云南 12-24 Oct 2012

Default Looking for travel kakis: 香格里拉-稻城-亚丁-云南 12-24 Oct 2012

Date of trip: 12-24 Oct 2012.
    A highly experienced local photographer will be engaged to take care of transportation + accommodation + meals. So what we do is just to eat, sleep, SHOOT! and relax Estimated land cost per pax is about $1200, all inclusive.
    Detailed itinerary can be found here: http://www.pbase.com/neophotography/...02715/original
    Airfare: About SGD700 to Kunming depends on the time of booking.
    Looking for 4 more partners to join me. Take note that I do not gain any profit from organizing this trip.
    If you are interested to know more pls PM me.

Cheers!
    Neo

P/S: We had also engaged the service of the same photographer Mr Zhang to fetch us around in Yunnan (Yuan Yang, Luo Ping, etc) last year. Mr Zhang knows where photogs like to go/see and brought us to some remote areas which were pleasant surprises to us. You can view photos of our previous trips here (with 5 other fellow CSers):
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...-yuanyang.html
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-...-yuanyang.html
    Last edited by cheersjy; 9th July 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: Looking for travel kakis: 香格里拉-稻城-亚丁-云南 12-24 Oct 2012

I am keen to travel to Dacheng & Yading before it gets flooded with tourists when Daocheng airport opens next year. The itinerary for Yading seems short, seems like only seeing the entrance part/ northern side of Mt Chenriseg, is it feasible to extend another day to see the southern part of the mountain as well (Luorang Pasture, Five Colour Lake and Milk Lake)? It's a long trek but probably could get a better view of the other 2 sacred mountains there. I would consider Yading the highlight of this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Avonez View Post
    I am keen to travel to Dacheng & Yading before it gets flooded with tourists when Daocheng airport opens next year. The itinerary for Yading seems short, seems like only seeing the entrance part/ northern side of Mt Chenriseg, is it feasible to extend another day to see the southern part of the mountain as well (Luorang Pasture, Five Colour Lake and Milk Lake)? It's a long trek but probably could get a better view of the other 2 sacred mountains there. I would consider Yading the highlight of this trip.
    Sure, will find out and get back

Quote Originally Posted by cheersjy View Post
    Sure, will find out and get back
    Thanks, just to illustrate what I meant; the lakes themselves may not be spectacular but the journey there could offer different views of the 3 sacred peaks and terrain. Milk lake area is bare of vegetation. But it's a tough trek, part of the kora route, so it's not a must, also depending on others and time factor I was surprised that the itinerary stated that there is electric vehicle to move to the scenic spot. Looks like it's developing fast.

Last edited by Avonez; 11th July 2012 at 11:30 PM.

Wow, you sure are familiar with the area!
    I just got back from our tour guide. Those places that you stated are all included!
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by cheersjy View Post
    Wow, you sure are familiar with the area!
    I just got back from our tour guide. Those places that you stated are all included!
    Thanks for the info.
    Give me a call tomorrow, i believe i could contribute some ideas to u. I was there ast year and been to all above highlighted spot.

This is a good writeup on the Yading area, especially on the circumambulate 32km route of Mt Chenresig. So there is a new electric cart transfer from Chonggu Monastery to Luorong Pasture whereas previously you would need to be on horseback. Riding on horseback is still recommended from the Park entrance to Chonggu Monastry and from Luorong Pasture to Milk Lake (accompanied by horse handlers who will walk the horse).

Yading Nature Reserve - Life on the Tibetan Plateau
    Last edited by Avonez; 14th July 2012 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avonez View Post
    This is a good writeup on the Yading area, especially on the circumambulate 32km route of Mt Chenresig. So there is a new electric cart transfer from Chonggu Monastery to Luorong Pasture whereas previously you would need to be on horseback. Riding on horseback is still recommended from the Park entrance to Chonggu Monastry and from Luorong Pasture to Milk Lake (accompanied by horse handlers who will walk the horse).

Yading Nature Reserve - Life on the Tibetan Plateau
    Thanks Avonez. Got your PM

Hi TS,

am interested to join in..
    sent you PM.. looking forward to your reply

cheers

Thanks to all who had responded.
    At the moment all places have been taken up.
    Will keep you guys in my mailing list for any future travel photography trip