Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry Blossom dates for 2005

eh, I just spent 3 weeks in Hokkaido and I didn't go Wakkanai, so?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    ...Hakodate and Sapporo will take u at least 8 to 10hrs on train alone (unless u take aeroplane fly). And once u reach Hokkaido, if u never go Wakkanai (the northern-most province in Japan) its almost like u never go Hokkaido before. And frm Wakkanai, its only a 1 or 2hr boat ride to a Russian port town....

Will be heading over around the last week of April for 1.5 weeks.... going to do a very relaxed trip.

Seriously no point rushing to cover as many places as possible... you won't see much... I spend 4 days in Tokyo and still have not seen everything... imagine me and my friend were heading out around 9am and coming back at 11pm... everyday.

Food should not be a problem if you can keep per meal around 500 yen. Check out the supermarket bentos and the bakery - they have really good stuff.

As for accomodation... always need to book early esp during sakura season. Yup there are places which is around S$80 per night.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts
    eh, I just spent 3 weeks in Hokkaido and I didn't go Wakkanai, so?
    Ok lah, I like dat place.... More of a personal preference.... hehehehe....

This round just go for overland lor.......just observe what is the place that worth to visit when coming for 2nd time.
    Since got quite cheap air ticket offer from MH, but confirm must fly one.
    No cancellation.

Ahhh... Going a 2nd time even before u're going there for da first time? Den ok lah, my first trip there was to cover as much ground as possible, 2nd trip I somehow narrowed down da scope.

Hopefully everything falls in place next year!

come to tink of it...been to japan a few times but never caught the sakura...haha if i do go perhaps can meet u guys?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12