Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black & White Photobook Assignment on Indonesia - Photographer(s) Required

well, not that I got angry, but sad that some people are not interested in what they are doing....

Hope they post an update about this project or post the result here.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Agila
    Hope they post an update about this project or post the result here.
    Don't expect too much, first impressions were not to positive, looks like the local representative wasn't much interested in all of this....but we will see, maybe there is a change......what I am concerned about is that they have our pics and we don't even know where they went to!!!!

Hong Sien

Ok, before calling them again: has anyone who sent it images heard anything from them? Darren, have you heard anything from them? They have our images now, and can do anything with them.......I am just worried about that only now, I don't think they were serious in this project. Have any of you who asked them to return the images if they were not chose, really received them?

Hong Sien

No replies of any kind.

I have a nagging doubt since day one...sigh must we photogs always be exploited in such a way?

Yeah! This is really bad! Not professional at all! Going to call them tomorrow, let us all call them, make them really pissed off, so that they will really contact Canada or whatever......there is just no responsibility

Hong Sien

Hi,

How abt doing something nasty like painting their wall in red.
    Instead of "owe me $$$" let put "owe me photographs!!!"
    Cool.

I send in mine and did not receive any answers also.

Give me the number, I will call them @ 1000,1100,1300,1400,1500,1600,1700hrs.Everyday

Mess wif the best, they are dead for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by derricktsc
    Hi,

How abt doing something nasty like painting their wall in red.
    Instead of "owe me $$$" let put "owe me photographs!!!"
    Cool.

I send in mine and did not receive any answers also.

Give me the number, I will call them @ 1000,1100,1300,1400,1500,1600,1700hrs.Everyday

Mess wif the best, they are dead for sure.
    he!he! Looks like you have experience in the gang world?.......

Was too busy today, will certainly call tomollow......will update here.......depending on the outcome, I will PM you the number later on.....

HS

They have approached me before last year. I asked them a couple of standard questions (like will we be given allowance, are hotels or airfare or transport paid) as the "assignment" could last a couple of weeks. They felt I asked too much and even accused me of being "too calculative". I find the whole deal a bit "interesting" and hence, I decided not to go for it.

Whew!

Still no news...

Anyone tried calling them?

I think it is theft if they do not reply to us soon...

I called them up, and they said they have chosen an Indonesian photographer for the project. According to Ms Ang Lee, "the CD's has been returned to the senders" (don't know if that has happened to all) who have included return postage (I think......), and she will put a post here......at last! Good luck and Congrats for the Indonesian photogapher!!

Hong Sien

The company "who wishes to remain anonymous for the time being", really is very elusive! We stilll don't know which company it is, is it that TOP SECRET? Something to hide????? he!he!.................

For the benefit of all since they haven't done their side of the deal, here is their representative phone number: 6224 6368

Good luck in getting your pics back!

Hong Sien

I just hope that Clubsnap will not be posting this kind of useless requests of organisations again without getting more info from them, and gauging in how serious they are...........

thanks!
    Hong Sien

Blog Entries

Sorry I have not been following this closely but as hongsien has so kindly found out for us, the photographer has been chosen (albeit not from our community), thus this thread has served its purpose.

Honestly and frankly speaking, we are only acting as a go-between for these organisations and interested photographers, and there's only so much vetting and background checking that we can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12