Thread: Anti shake vs. good iso

Deregistered

Default Anti shake vs. good iso

Recently there are lots of comments on anti-shake features on cameras.. but if you have a good camera with very low noise on high ISO, such as Canon 300D, do you still need the anti-shake feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesthruthelens
    Recently there are lots of comments on anti-shake features on cameras.. but if you have a good camera with very low noise on high ISO, such as Canon 300D, do you still need the anti-shake feature?
    It depends what you want. They go hand in hand. IS, VR or AS cannot stop action so a high ISO will be needed. Of course if I know what I'm going to shoot and if it requires something like IS, VR, or AS, then I use my tripod, monopod, or bump the ISO by 1 stop. Should do the trick, considering nowadays the noise level at high ISO's are really good.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Low noise on High ISO? 300D? Erm.....

Not say I wanna condemn my own camera, but unless really forced to, I don't shoot anything beyond ISO400. ISO800 or 1600 and I have to start opening photoshop just to remove all those noise.

Maybe if u're talking abt full frame sensor cameras like the 1DsMkII or wad, higher ISOs might be cleaner.