Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do when this happens?

i did tell a group of youngsters before that ppl, in the crowded bus, is not COOL with the smell of the food...so better keep em tidy and others might be more harsh than me.

after telling them that, they stopped....and they really stopped eating their juicy Mcdonald burgers in the air-con and crowded bus.

and everyone looked at them too.
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    Parents who do nothin to control rowdy children on the bus r more irritatin,
    unless the jerk is eatin a durian on the bus
    This I have to agree. I was in the bus last week and this kid sitting in front of me started to wet his pants. The pee seeped through the seams in the seat and was actually dripping from the seat in front of me... Boy, did it smell bad... pity the bus uncle who has to clean up, or the unaware passenger who sits on the bad patch next.

well, as long they dont litter in the bus, once a while eat in the bus is ok. Afterall they might have their reasons. No one would like to eat in the bus if they can afford the time to sit down in a coffee shop/restaurant enjoying their food.

What i cant stand is inside SLS, those people smoke inside the air con building, everytime while shopping, i find my throat extremely dry

i seen a fat lady siiting in the bus eating chicken rice.
    Those brown colour packet type you know she put on her lap.
    i see i sian,the bus was so jerky and i see she was trying to put the rice in her mouth using the small plastic spoon and her left hand as support.
    what go through my mind was that since the bus was not so crowded and thinking people her size must be hungry,i ignore her.
    after she finshed,her action make me disgusted.
    She wrapped her brown paper,drink some water and simple throw it on the floor maciam her house.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    i seen a fat lady siiting in the bus eating chicken rice.
    Those brown colour packet type you know she put on her lap.
    i see i sian,the bus was so jerky and i see she was trying to put the rice in her mouth using the small plastic spoon and her left hand as support.
    what go through my mind was that since the bus was not so crowded and thinking people her size must be hungry,i ignore her.
    after she finshed,her action make me disgusted.
    She wrapped her brown paper,drink some water and simple throw it on the floor maciam her house.

If it were her house, she won't be throwing it on the floor!

I bet you've not seen an old man eating durian on a SBS double decker air-con bus. After consuming, left the shells behind and wipe his hands on the seats.

wats wrong with eating on the bus? as long as you don't throw the rubbish left behind can already.

i think that was the whole purpose of the sign anyway

Developed nations have people eating on the sidewalks, park benches and in cars and buses too.I don't see what's wrong if you can clean up behind yourself.If someone just throws their stuff on the floor, calmly point to it or get the person's attention.It's not eating thats a crime, it's the failure to clean up that irks you and I.

But i hate the smell of durians.But hey, that's my personal opinion.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

think they have a reason for not lettin ppl eat on the bus is to prevent situations like the one " old man eating durian on a SBS double decker air-con bus. After consuming, left the shells behind and wipe his hands on the seats. "

but if you want to say eat can just be responsible and clean up. thats a utopian situation everyone hopes for but will never have. so thats why they came up with a no eating rule.

end of the day? live with it.

I think it's not the eating per se that is wrong. It's just that knowing us Singaporeans, despite all the campaigns and years of moral education, there are still many who can be irresponsible, throwing their left over rubbish conveniently on the floor. This is definitely undesirable of course, as it will attract ants, bad smell, cockroaches and what not.

When I was overseas, eg in Toronto, I really appreciated being able to eat on the trains. Cos sometimes, you're running late, full of appointments, can only grab something light, and the ride takes some time. But I never took the freedoom to eat in trains and buses there for granted. With that comes a personal responsibility to look after your own cleaniness and those around you. Common sense says you don't wanna bring soupy/gravy stuffs on board or anything that can easily spill. Durians is crazy but I suppose it's imaginable this could happen in Singapore. That's why we have No this and that, Fine this and that...

Remember, it's never the eating on public transport that's wrong, it's the irresponsible attitude that is.

dun dirty my buses?! lol

my opinion....so long as DUN litter on the bus....i think eating is fine, make sure you dun leave trash/crumbs behind. Food smell it's ok...there's worse smells that can trigger migraines...lol.

Rowdy kids are bigger issues than food smells i think...lol.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

i met a bloody old man eating rojak in the bus!

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    i met a bloody old man eating rojak in the bus!
    did u shoot him?

usually its youngster, inconsiderate old man that litter on bus. Some are just weird in nature. some did it just to spite others, it makes them happy when they see others get irritated. It can happen anywhere, Just that Singapore have more of them now.

If the adults can only find time to eat while traveling. The same goes to the children, they can only play while in the bus or train. Very few come out and play in the neighbouthood playground (look at the number of children overweight now).

We also do nothing abt those who litter and spit all around the places.
    No rules can stop these ppl. Awareness is probably the only way...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    wats wrong with eating on the bus? as long as you don't throw the rubbish left behind can already.

i think that was the whole purpose of the sign anyway
    The PROBLEM is that crumbs and bits and pieces do fall out when not taking care, how many would bend down to pick up a slice of tomato when it drops out from the burger? Or a 1cm x 1cm potato chip that drops on the ground?

None.

And what's the end results? Cockcroaches live off the food and reproduce and inhabit the buses.

I'm sure you've seen the youngs of cockroaches crawling on the seats at night (try sitting near the window sides if you haven't) and even cockroaches crawling along the floor.

There's a very good reason to why food/drinks are prohibited/not encouraged on transports. And this is one of it.

Not so much on the smell that lingers, but the cleanliness & comfort for other passengers.

Similarly, try telling the parents who place their kids on the chair with shoes on, pity the next fella that wear's white bottoms and 'cleans' the chair after them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12