Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when this happens?

Unhappy What do you do when this happens?

Good morning everyone & Selamat Hari Raya Haji in advance to our muslim friends.

I've seen this happened many many times but damn, I just hate it and I did nothing about it.

Do you guys who travel on public buses often see people eating? Many times I've seen them eating food with strong aroma such as MacDonalds, KFC (Yes! KFC!), and other finger food like bread or even Ramli's Burger. But strangely enough, I've seen more of such situation happening on TIBS (now known as SMRT?) than on SBS buses where I've looked around and found no "No Eating" sign, especially on new bendy buses.

Does anyone approach these inconsiderate jerks and tell them off? I had always wanted to, but I sadly enough I just can't do it.

Have you been spying on me?

just ignore them loh.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Have you been spying on me?
    you disgust me. just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    just ignore them loh.
    I know ignoring them is easy but the smell just doesn't irritates me. I believe others on the bus feel the same.

Sometimes workers like you and me like to wake up late and so rush outta the house ... makan on the way to work i do it too

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Sometimes workers like you and me like to wake up late and so rush outta the house ... makan on the way to work i do it too
    I dodn't see this happening on my way to work, but at night on my way home, esp from city or orchard road.

Makes my tummy grumble.... yum yum...

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Yeah. I brush my teeth and change into work clothes and have breakfast and read my emails on the laptop and post messages in Clubsnap and SMS to the canteen to order my lunch on the way to work in the bus.

I reckon if we want to overtake the western world we should make full use of our travelling time. The bus is our half-way office/home.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    Do you guys who travel on public buses often see people eating? Many times I've seen them eating food with strong aroma such as MacDonalds, KFC (Yes! KFC!), and other finger food like bread or even Ramli's Burger. But strangely enough, I've seen more of such situation happening on TIBS (now known as SMRT?) than on SBS buses where I've looked around and found no "No Eating" sign, especially on new bendy buses.

Does anyone approach these inconsiderate jerks and tell them off? I had always wanted to, but I sadly enough I just can't do it.

Hi Drudkh,

Why not carry a can of air freshner and spray it in their direction

either they will get the message, or sick

Cheers.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

i thought no eating allowed on public transport? point to the sign on the bus..

alternatively.. stare endearingly at the food and drool

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    i thought no eating allowed on public transport? point to the sign on the bus..

alternatively.. stare endearingly at the food and drool
    the problem is I can't find the sign on the bus at all. they used to have it.

I dodn't see this happening on my way to work, but at night on my way home, esp from city or orchard road.
    Grab a short bite on the way home before they have dinner at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Yeah. I brush my teeth and change into work clothes and have breakfast and read my emails on the laptop and post messages in Clubsnap and SMS to the canteen to order my lunch on the way to work in the bus.

I reckon if we want to overtake the western world we should make full use of our travelling time. The bus is our half-way office/home.
    Wah .. just to do that is abit scary

Grab a bite.. check emails and sms on a bus ok la ... but change?!?!

Good morning everyone & Selamat Hari Raya Haji in advance to our muslim friends.

I've seen this happened many many times but damn, I just hate it and I did nothing about it.

I'll say, people dun break rules for no reason. you just can't life your entire life by the rules. Take it easy on people. Retribution might just be around the corner...

this is nothing man
    esp when u go sim lim sq.. kaoz..
    those ah neh will buy mutton... and bring it up the bus.. omg... the strong "aroma"

i dun discrimate them... but the smell tt makes mi go crazy.. :P

what can they do right?
    bus and walk is their only choice...

the problem is I can't find the sign on the bus at all. they used to have it.
    IIRC, think the sign is on the glass/acrylic panel right behind the driver for SMRT buses

if you can't beat them ....join them???

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    if you can't beat them ....join them???
    Ask them to share share lor hehehehee ..

Personally, I dun really find anything wrong with that except that there's a rule telling us not to eat. Lotsa other developed societies allow food on the public transport. It's not the actions that we have to change, it's the habit. As long as we learn not to make a mess and clean up ourselves, I don't see what's wrong with eating on the bus. People eat a whole meal on the subway in Japan, you know. But then again, lotsa bentos are cold, so there's no smell.

Parents who do nothin to control rowdy children on the bus r more irritatin,
    unless the jerk is eatin a durian on the bus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast